Rivalries

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
We all know OSU USC will be the biggest game of the week Nationally.

However, I think there are two games that will be better games and may actually mean more on a large scope. One of which is eIU and us. This could throw each team in a completely different direction. If we were to win, this could propel us into a great season. If we lose, it would definitely be a downer and possibly hurt for another game. If Iowa wins, they remain unbeaten and maybe gain a little confidence after a win they didn't deserve. If they lose, however, they're fanbase would yet again turn. That could propel them to a .500 season or so from what I saw from that team.

The other game, which I think may be the best game of the weekend, is Michigan and Notre Dame. Two teams with totally different national expectations that were both very impressive in the first week. If ND wins, they will then be talked about as a contender for a BCS bowl and possibly a National title contender ( I pray the latter doesn't happen) If they lose, Charlie Wies may be all but gone after the year and I really believe that. He needs to beat Michigan and at least get to a BCS bowl. If Michigan were to win, Hello Top 25. This was a team people were questioning on whether or not they would make a bowl. If they win, they will then be thrown in the mix with OSU and Penn State as possible Big Ten contenders. RichRod doesn't need this as bad as Weis does, but he does need to win two out of three against ND, OSU and MSU or next year every game will be his job.

So my predictions:

ISU vs Iowa

ISU by 10 because of the Hawks inability to control the defensive line well enough to consistently run the ball and their inability to control our chippy passes.

Michigan vs. ND

Michigan by one possession. This team is on a mission and I think they have too many athletes on offense for Notre Dame to control. I also think the corner's on the Michigan team can really disrupt Clausen by playing an aggresive bump coverage that they like to play.

Anyone that can, watch the Michigan game. Mark my words.........they are for real. They will compete for a Big 10 title this year. If I am wrong, which I usually am, I will eat Crow.

Oct 14, 2007
Ames
I would say there are a few other games that people will be paying more attention to nationally than ours.

Tennessee - UCLA - Lane Kiffin's first "real" game.
Georgia - South Carolina - Can the Dogs rebound?
Clemson - Georgia Tech - Two teams with designs on the ACC champ game.

And really, the Iowa/Iowa State game only gets national play when we win. Sad but true.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Ya, I agree, I am just saying that it will be a good game. UCLA vs Tenn will be a blowout, GA and SC could be pretty good. I don't think Clemson and GT will receive a lot of attention but could be a good game. I just wish this could be a nationally recognized rivalry, then maybe it would become something larger than it is right now to Iowa people. I suppose we need to have more success before that happens though huh.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron