Randy P's final column (SIAP)

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Nice article. Those old style reporters are the last of a dying breed. They worked their asses off, stayed up late, ate poorly and imbibed a bit with their cohorts after work. Not a healthy lifestyle, but a profession they stayed passionate to. I have had the privilege to meet other news reporters in Randy's ilk, and they confirm that lifestyle. It's almost like it was part of the job description in those days.

I'm happy for Randy for him to finally being able to enjoy the rest of his life with his family and doing whatever he wants. Yes, he took some heat as all reporters should... but he was blessed to cover ISU. He got to cover them through some really good moments ( a few bad) and watch the Cyclones ascend to new heights never seen before. It sure could have been a lot worse having to cover the other school's ongoing ********. You can certainly argue that ISU is in the best place it's ever been.

Happy retirement Randy.... I hope it's a long one.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
You always knew Randy wasn't a fan by any means, but then he wasn't supposed to be. To be fair, Randy did make an effort to just be neutral, the way I know he was taught, the way they used to teach. You have to be happy for him. He obviously loved what he did and he left on his own terms at his own time. The perfect ending.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
I didn't see him mention his broken leg incident.

Congrats to Pete though. Spending 50+ years at one company is a remarkable achievement.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron