Random Thoughts VIII: The Ocho

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Pants, if you haven't passed Mitchell yet, can you swing by the Corn Palace and pick up two hours of lost childhood for me?
We made the mistake 2 years ago. You know it's pretty bad if Wall Drug is significantly better. Wall Drug was my third least favorite sight on our Black Hills trip. FYI - panning for gold was the worst. Everything else on the trip was pretty good to amazing.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I wonder what actors will play the intelligent, daring rebels who knew the social media tech bubble was going to burst before it happened and tried to warn everyone unselfishly? about two months from the extraction of wealth and shorting. Movie production will start probably in 2019 to get it out middle of 2020. The In The Cut actor dude will probably play the rightous man of the people. I could see Justin Timberlake being the right age to play one of the silicon valley dudes. Camp Rock kid seems to have the connected agent to get this gig too.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I wonder what actors will play the intelligent, daring rebels who knew the social media tech bubble was going to burst before it happened and tried to warn everyone unselfishly? about two months from the extraction of wealth and shorting. Movie production will start probably in 2019 to get it out middle of 2020. The In The Cut actor dude will probably play the rightous man of the people. I could see Justin Timberlake being the right age to play one of the silicon valley dudes. Camp Rock kid seems to have the connected agent to get this gig too.
Which role will Mark play?

Reactions: bawbie and GTO

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
fbw6a.jpg

Reactions: jcyclonee

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Checked the schedule and I'm stuck at some event every day starting next Monday through the following next Wednesday. Third kids starting activities and this might be the straw that kills me off.

Youth coaching wouldn't be bad if it wasn't for the other parents. Two dads walked out on the practice field by me last night to help. They kinda confused me at times. Found out they never played at any time in their life today. No wonder it seemed like I was correcting what they told the kids. I appreciate the help but I prefer not having technique taught by someone who doesn't know.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
They sent out the schedule for the volleyball tournament this weekend so I take a look to see who was participating. To get in, you had to email them and say you were interested. You were not automatically included as they only had 16 spots for probably like 40 teams. As DH and I have the wedding Sunday (the day we'd play), I told my team I wasn't signing us up but they could if they wanted. Well only one person was even available so we dropped the idea.

So imagine my surprise when I see us listed on the schedule not once, but twice! And yes, there is another team with our name, but they gave us numbers and it's our number listed twice. Two different seeds and game times. So I doublecheck with the one teammate who was available (since they joked that they'd sign up) just to be sure. He's like lol nope, cause it'd have been a team of one.

This has been such a poorly run league and this is just the cherry on top.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
They sent out the schedule for the volleyball tournament this weekend so I take a look to see who was participating. To get in, you had to email them and say you were interested. You were not automatically included as they only had 16 spots for probably like 40 teams. As DH and I have the wedding Sunday (the day we'd play), I told my team I wasn't signing us up but they could if they wanted. Well only one person was even available so we dropped the idea.

So imagine my surprise when I see us listed on the schedule not once, but twice! And yes, there is another team with our name, but they gave us numbers and it's our number listed twice. Two different seeds and game times. So I doublecheck with the one teammate who was available (since they joked that they'd sign up) just to be sure. He's like lol nope, cause it'd have been a team of one.

This has been such a poorly run league and this is just the cherry on top.

Sounds like they're awful with spreadsheets. A real reverse cowgirl.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Checked the schedule and I'm stuck at some event every day starting next Monday through the following next Wednesday. Third kids starting activities and this might be the straw that kills me off.

Youth coaching wouldn't be bad if it wasn't for the other parents. Two dads walked out on the practice field by me last night to help. They kinda confused me at times. Found out they never played at any time in their life today. No wonder it seemed like I was correcting what they told the kids. I appreciate the help but I prefer not having technique taught by someone who doesn't know.

Right now 80% of the running I do is for one kid. Volleyball starts for kid 2 next week which throws a wrench into the works. Not sure I am ready to add kid 3 into the mix. Ever.

Softball was an all program practice last night so 30+ girls. They asked for parent volunteers to help run things. Even though I played for 8 years or so, don't feel like I would have been much help. Hubby comes to practice from the office, so he is not properly attired to help even though he has baseball/softball experience. I just had to chuckle a bit when the coach was explaining a drill and he was winded after running a demonstration. My daughter had 1.5hrs of volleyball before softball and had eaten a quick snack on the ride there. I was afraid she was going to come off the field puking.

• Optimistic
Reactions: cyrevkah
Status
Not open for further replies.