Random Thoughts VIII: The Ocho

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
On the plus side, there's a mama hen with about 10 baby chicks in my backyard. And I was way more concerned about them than I should have been about the storm and flood last night. But mama and all 10 chicks were back happily chirping away this morning!

That's the end of my hybrid KC/CG story.

55dB

Dec 21, 2014
Omaha
You would be amazed at the kinds of comments female newspeople get. Every dress they wear, jewelry, makeup, hair, whatever, is picked apart. People will tell them "I'm saying this out of love - you're way too fat, your hairstyle is not flattering, and your dress looks like a potato sack". Yup. Alllllll out of love...

You see stories like this all of the time on buzzfeed, and other websites like that. What they wear has no impact on their ability to give a weather forecast. I mean, the weather person isn't going to come to the commenters (is that a word) job and say "you're doing a great job of typing that report, but the muffin top is really killing it for me"

Like seriously, can we just not be catty *******?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
On the plus side, there's a mama hen with about 10 baby chicks in my backyard. And I was way more concerned about them than I should have been about the storm and flood last night. But mama and all 10 chicks were back happily chirping away this morning!

I wanted to post a pic of the kittens but I can't post images from my computer yet. :(

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
You see stories like this all of the time on buzzfeed, and other websites like that. What they wear has no impact on their ability to give a weather forecast. I mean, the weather person isn't going to come to the commenters (is that a word) job and say "you're doing a great job of typing that report, but the muffin top is really killing it for me"

Like seriously, can we just not be catty *******?
No kidding!

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

xxcep12vohi9erppyz3o.jpg

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Somebody may have figured out they're not all they're cracked up to be. Yeah...less messy, but if you don't use them exactly right you end up with a clump wrapped up in a sleeve or pants leg or towel...
I love the Cascade pods for my dishwasher, but I still prefer to use the old-fashioned powder laundry detergent for my clothes.

Bring back the vote "OLD" option please CF (JK - I miss the Pirate SO MUCH)

Reactions: BoxsterCy

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
CG has the meowing thing down already.

Also, Facebook keeps reccomending you as a friend. Apparently I'm the only poster in RTT you're not friends with. One of my 5 loyal Twitter followers though!

I'm not sure I know who you are on Facebook or twitter. I probably followed you on Twitter blindly because of your cyclone leanings without knowing who you were on CF.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
You would be amazed at the kinds of comments female newspeople get. Every dress they wear, jewelry, makeup, hair, whatever, is picked apart. People will tell them "I'm saying this out of love - you're way too fat, your hairstyle is not flattering, and your dress looks like a potato sack". Yup. Alllllll out of love...

There was a report awhile back that had random men reading tweets (not theirs) to the faces of women reporters. It was a good look at how disgusting some people can be when they are anonymous. SIAP, I can't remember if someone on here posted it or not, but it was pretty awful.

Reactions: 55dB and cyhiphopp

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
There was a report awhile back that had random men reading tweets (not theirs) to the faces of women reporters. It was a good look at how disgusting some people can be when they are anonymous. SIAP, I can't remember if someone on here posted it or not, but it was pretty awful.

I remember seeing that. The guys were pretty embarrassed about what they were asked to read. Some pretty vile stuff from what I remember.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

Someone made a thread about it a while back. I don't think I would have been able to say some of those things to them. Ever. Just despicable.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I remember seeing that. The guys were pretty embarrassed about what they were asked to read. Some pretty vile stuff from what I remember.

I'm pretty scared if I ever have a daughter. The world is better than it used to be, but there are still horrible human beings out there.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
@cyhiphopp I think you followed me when I sent that flirting Sims game based tweet to that youtuber, and then continued doing it for three days because we determined that was how we beat Texas in the first round of the Big 12 tournament. I still blame myself for why we lost to UAB. I forgot to do it until after the game started. I'm also probably the reason Hoiberg left.

Status
Not open for further replies.