Random Thoughts 18: The Year of Fire

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I'm curious if there is a significance to that date nine months away. Either you're pregnant, or it's the anniversary of your hire date, or (insert guess here)...
That's when I hit FRA

And by giving them this advance notice I can participate in a retirement bonus program that would give me a bonus of 15% of my salary
And hopefully the investment firm that owns us sells us before that so I would get about a 50% of my salary bonus from that

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I've said that before, sadly what holds me back is I would most likely be running the place within 6 months so all the responsibility for a lot less pay.
That is my fear as well. It would start out as mindless, but I would quickly see disfunction and creep into more and more responsibilty to change it. Before I know it I will be managing the place with a whole host of new headaches.

Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Why not hit full retirement age in France. RTT birthday party for Gr8 on the Eiffel Tower. Be there or be square.
My pension (yeah, those still exist believe it or not) maxes out at age 66. I am now under a decade away. 9 years, 1 month, 17 days, and 12 hours, but who's counting? I still have to figure out what I am going to do in that time between retiring from this job and when I decide to fully hang it up.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Lew turned down several promotions in his last job. He said he just wanted to drive the forklift and not be on call 24/7.
My first summer job was driving forklift in a foundry that made metal castors, chair parts etc. We used to plate parts in zinc and chrome. This one guy that did chrome would bring in motorcycle parts on the weekend and put them with the stuff he was chroming.

Reactions: NWICY

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I normally work 7-4, some douche scheduled a meeting for 4:30 :mad:
I already explained what happened being that he sent the meeting invite out and 1 minute later started a Team chat with what was in the email and so we had a back and forth on that, not sure why we need a meeting. In simplest terms we don't.

• Angry
Reactions: NWICY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron