Random Thoughts 18: The Year of Fire

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Sipping a cold one at 10:15 in the neighbors shop isn't a bad way to end the day. Had to drop something off for him, stayed a bit, visited, had one and headed home.

IowaState88

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2022
Have been watching my fair share of NBA and NHL playoffs over the past few weeks on TNT and ESPN. I never once really cared what channel/network a game was on in the past but I have really noticed a difference between TNT and ESPN and the production quality between the two networks recently.

TNT absolutely blows ESPN out of the water. I find watching the games that are on TNT much more enjoyable and entertaining. I’m not sure if it’s the halftime/in between periods analysis, the play by play/color guys or what, but the difference is massive. Anyone else feel the same way?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Have been watching my fair share of NBA and NHL playoffs over the past few weeks on TNT and ESPN. I never once really cared what channel/network a game was on in the past but I have really noticed a difference between TNT and ESPN and the production quality between the two networks recently.

TNT absolutely blows ESPN out of the water. I find watching the games that are on TNT much more enjoyable and entertaining. I’m not sure if it’s the halftime/in between periods analysis, the play by play/color guys or what, but the difference is massive. Anyone else feel the same way?

I think that's a pretty common theme across sports and sports fandom.

At this point I'd take about everyone's coverage over ESPN.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
. Have been watching my fair share of NBA and NHL playoffs over the past few weeks on TNT and ESPN. I never once really cared what channel/network a game was on in the past but I have really noticed a difference between TNT and ESPN and the production quality between the two networks recently.

The NBA thread is filled with people who 100% agree with you. Espn was the bomb when it 1st came out but over the last 20 years it's a slow decline to mediocrity.
Put the good stuff on + just to sell subs etc...
Might be the American way or you just might piss people off and they turn the radio announcers back on.
Well sorry for this early a.m. rant.

Reactions: IowaState88

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

ESPN's coverage is terrible.

And root beer sucks

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
They tested and it came back negative but we will see what the culture shows.
I thought I had strep 3 years ago. Tests came back negative. I had mono. It is popping up in your general area. Last time I thought I had strep, it was the rona.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis

The announcers and analysts on TNT are way better.

I think that's a pretty common theme across sports and sports fandom.

At this point I'd take about everyone's coverage over ESPN.
ESPN lost all credibility pertaining to the hiring of on-air personalities when they decided that it was a good idea to give Emmitt Smith a shot at it. “The way you perform make them feel about you different.”

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
NYT today has a short article about a Chicago doctor who spent two weeks in Gaza this spring and did what's called an opinion video about that time, called Two Weeks Inside Gaza's Ruined Hospitals. I won't post here because it can be construed as political, and it really doesn't belong in a cave thread so it's not going there either. Very sobering. I can share the link privately.
I can also remove this post if needed.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron