Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
We had our last high school awards ceremony earlier this week. It's amazing what my kids have accomplished in spite of who their father is. This one has a class rank of #1. I don't mean to be braggy but that is pretty good. She received a community scholarship from a local restaurant. Unfortunately for me, the scholarship did not include any free meals. When she met the restaurant's general manager, the only things my daughter could think to say were "Thank you" and "I like your tattoos".
Honesty is important.

Reactions: jcyclonee

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Watching a movie called Werewolf Santa. It's only 71 minutes long.
I've been looking at movies to watch the last couple of nights and had to pass on a couple because they are three hour long an it's too late to start that. Why the hell is John Wick 4 169 minutes? Yikes.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I've been looking at movies to watch the last couple of nights and had to pass on a couple because they are three hour long an it's too late to start that. Why the hell is John Wick 4 169 minutes? Yikes.

That's a lot of dead bodies, I'm guessing.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Just finished taking the ISU Extension master woodland steward program. If you have interest in timber ground it is a very interesting course. It is a pretty solid time commitment 7 weeks 3 hours 1 night/wk.
The cost is super reasonable at $75 a lot of information and 2 catered meals for that price.
I've taken a fair amount of extension seminars and this one ranks right up there. IMO.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
169 minutes for a John Wick movie is insane. I watched one of them and, although I was pretty entertained, they could have reasonably fit the story into about 30 minutes.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
If she had to pick a B1G school that's a good one. Congrats to the young lady.
She's going into Chemical Engineering so I was hoping she'd choose ISU. I know one of the ChemE professors and the price would have been a little bit cheaper. However, she has always wanted to go to school in a big city and the U of MN does have a very good engineering program.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

Story? I must have missed that in between the killings is 169 minutes because they pause on occasion between the killings to have some dialogue.
#4 is 169 minutes because they pause on occasion between the killings to have some dialogue.
I saw #4 in the theater and loved it.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
GF wants me to have her cremated, then carry around her ashes with me in a fanny pack. And refer to ourselves as "we" whenever I go out in public. She thinks this is hilarious.
It is pretty morbidly funny. But I'm not sure which is more morbid, carrying your gf's ashes or wearing a fanny pack.