Random Thoughts 18: The Year of Fire

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I'm pretty sure nothing stresses me out more than home improvement projects

I don't like doing them. They are always more difficult than they should be and it completely wrecks the house.

11 on a scale of 1-10.
Been there - RTT heard a whooooooole litany of woes for over a year. :D

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Absolutely agree. I will admit I am not the handiest (or smartest) but man things can get out of hand in a hurry. Not so much in our current house but the worst one in our old house was when we replaced the flooring with a floating lvp or linoleum plank stuff. We did it ourselves and some of it was good but there were a done of little intricacies that I should have gotten help from someone much more skilled to do around corners and angles of stuff. Most of that turned out to be junk and I don't blame the new owners for tearing it out.
We used that on the main floor (except the kitchen) and the upstairs (except the bathrooms). Helps reduce cat hair/odor.

We have a large raised flagstone hearth (six inches tall) that measures about 12 feet across at its widest. We had to fit the flooring around that semicircle. THAT was a pain. You know the old adage "measure twice, cut once"? Yeah...we were WAY past the measure twice part. But it turned out really nice, so it's all good.

The oldest part of it is our office, done in 2016 or 2017. We did our that first, then the other two rooms upstairs, then finally the main floor over the space of about four years. We've noticed a couple of places where the joined edges are getting a bit worn. It's mostly where we are rolling our chairs around.

Reactions: wxman1

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
At a repair shop and Doc Brown just came in. Took a phone call and he walks in front of me and yells something loud enough that the person on the other end laughs and says they will let me go.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I did take some liberties. Tough crowd in here. Tough crowd.
How I now picture Lawman...

tough-crowd.gif

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
At a repair shop and Doc Brown just came in. Took a phone call and he walks in front of me and yells something loud enough that the person on the other end laughs and says they will let me go.
Is this someone I should know, or are you referring to the Christopher Lloyd character?

Note: Christopher Lloyd is half a year older than my mom who just turned 85. Wow.