Random Thoughts 18: The Year of Fire

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
My first dance at my wedding.
A friend sang it during our wedding ceremony while we were lighting candles.

At the reception we danced a cowboy cha-cha to "I Swear" (JMM)...but then when that song was over my sister ran up to the DJ and took the mic and said nonono...this is the song that they always drop everything & dance to - and had him play I Cross My Heart. So I suppose we had two first dances. :D

Reactions: BCClone and NWICY

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I'm pretty sure nothing stresses me out more than home improvement projects

I don't like doing them. They are always more difficult than they should be and it completely wrecks the house.

11 on a scale of 1-10.

• Winner
Reactions: wxman1

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

I don't like doing them. They are always more difficult than they should be and it completely wrecks the house.

11 on a scale of 1-10.
Changing the front door knob isn’t life shattering bud. It will be fine. ;).

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids

11 on a scale of 1-10.
Absolutely agree. I will admit I am not the handiest (or smartest) but man things can get out of hand in a hurry. Not so much in our current house but the worst one in our old house was when we replaced the flooring with a floating lvp or linoleum plank stuff. We did it ourselves and some of it was good but there were a done of little intricacies that I should have gotten help from someone much more skilled to do around corners and angles of stuff. Most of that turned out to be junk and I don't blame the new owners for tearing it out.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Absolutely agree. I will admit I am not the handiest (or smartest) but man things can get out of hand in a hurry. Not so much in our current house but the worst one in our old house was when we replaced the flooring with a floating lvp or linoleum plank stuff. We did it ourselves and some of it was good but there were a done of little intricacies that I should have gotten help from someone much more skilled to do around corners and angles of stuff. Most of that turned out to be junk and I don't blame the new owners for tearing it out.

LVP should be banned as a crime against humanity.

I don't fall much, but I just bit it again. Either I'm lucky or part SuperBall.