Omaha Roll Call

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I could walk to the arena from my home. :)

Unfortunately, I can't afford a ticket.

If your living situation is conducive, could see about offering a place to stay in return for a ticket! Possibly a Drake fan who may not want to attend first game? That's me assuming the ticketing process allows the finagling that requires.

Reactions: nrg4isu

BerganNation

Mar 18, 2024
Me and my wife have tickets staying at the Hilton next to the arena.

Reached deeply into wallet, will be at the Downtown Hilton. Have mezzanine tickets. Won't be leaving til Thursday morning though, wife has local commitment on Wednesday evening!

Going with a couple SDSU guys. Hotel within walking distance was out of control $$$

Last April, I booked one Omaha hotel room but 6-weeks ago I reserved another one in Old Market District that is closer to the arena. Eleven days ago, I bought my game ticket.

I’ve been to every NCAA MBB Tournament game the ISU men have played since 1985.

Mods- if this is not allowed please delete as i understand

Good evening Fellas!

Husker fan here - congrats and welcome to Omaha this coming weekend! You guys have a great team and I am excited to watch you guys play.

So the reason I am over here posting this -short story
I have 2 extra rooms at the Hilton Downtown at $195 per night (going for $250-$300 right now) that I am on the hook for / need to get rid of. If you need a room for Friday/Saturday for March madness, please DM me! Deluxe Double queen bedrooms. I understand you guys play Thursday night so you would just need to get your own room Thursday, but then you could use my rooms & rate on Friday/Saturday and it might save you $100+ both nights combined.

Longer version:
This year my company & I have a block of rooms down at the Hilton Downtown (right across from the Arena) for a company event for March Madness. Unfortunately for us, we had some out of town people in our party decide to not make the trip at the last minute for March Madness this year and Hilton won't reimburse us for the rooms. I should stick to those who backed out but I am trying this here first. We got it as a block of rooms and it's past our cutoff date. If you need a room for Friday Checkin and Sunday checkout, let me know and I can get you one of our rooms at the $195.00 rate. I have 2 rooms extra. They are all deluxe double queen beds.

I have tried my husker boards already but came up crickets. No worries if noone needs it, thought I would try you guys first. Good luck this weekend and hope you all have a great time in Omaha. Great choices on Beer Can Alley.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Mods- if this is not allowed please delete as i understand

Good evening Fellas!

Husker fan here - congrats and welcome to Omaha this coming weekend! You guys have a great team and I am excited to watch you guys play.

So the reason I am over here posting this -short story
I have 2 extra rooms at the Hilton Downtown at $195 per night (going for $250-$300 right now) that I am on the hook for / need to get rid of. If you need a room for Friday/Saturday for March madness, please DM me! Deluxe Double queen bedrooms. I understand you guys play Thursday night so you would just need to get your own room Thursday, but then you could use my rooms & rate on Friday/Saturday and it might save you $100+ both nights combined.

Longer version:
This year my company & I have a block of rooms down at the Hilton Downtown (right across from the Arena) for a company event for March Madness. Unfortunately for us, we had some out of town people in our party decide to not make the trip at the last minute for March Madness this year and Hilton won't reimburse us for the rooms. I should stick to those who backed out but I am trying this here first. We got it as a block of rooms and it's past our cutoff date. If you need a room for Friday Checkin and Sunday checkout, let me know and I can get you one of our rooms at the $195.00 rate. I have 2 rooms extra. They are all deluxe double queen beds.

I have tried my husker boards already but came up crickets. No worries if noone needs it, thought I would try you guys first. Good luck this weekend and hope you all have a great time in Omaha. Great choices on Beer Can Alley.

Welcome. This is appreciated. You may want to start your own thread.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Last April, I booked one Omaha hotel room but 6-weeks ago I reserved another one in Old Market District that is closer to the arena. Eleven days ago, I bought my game ticket.

I’ve been to every NCAA MBB Tournament game the ISU men have played since 1985.
Dan! Met you in Athens Ohio last year.
You hung around and tailgated with us for a bit too. We had a good talk about all the football games you've also been to.

Nice to see you on here, hope you're doing well!

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Shockingly, this will be my first in-person Iowa State NCAA Tournament game. I have been to several NCAA Tournament games, but never ISU. I can’t wait.

When I retire, I plan to attend all of them.
Last time I attended an ISU NCAA tournament game was 2000 when I drove between Ames and Minneapolis during spring break when i was a student as the women hosted at Hilton that year. We made the elite 8 so hoping karma is in our favor this year.

Really looking forward to the atmosphere in Omaha as it should be a pro ISU crowd.

ABECyguy

Nov 14, 2019
Ames
Y’all are making me jealous! Bring that cyclone energy!

Also kudos to the OP for spelling roll call correctly :D

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
I wish I could go, but just used up PTO to go to Mexico. Please be super loud. This is one of the most balanced teams we've ever had and they feed off of the crowd. I'll make it to Phoenix if we can pull that off.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Last week, I found a nice little AirBnB about a mile from the stadium.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Anyone have any parking tips for the CHI Health center? Is it better to just park in the main lots or are there better spots?

At Wells Fargo I always park across the river and walk over the bridge. It's much easier to get out of than dealing with the main parking lot traffic before and after.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
I'm planning to make Beer Can Alley my hangout for NCAA Men's BB, Women's BB, and Men's Wrestling.
One of the owners is an Iowa State fan - they will definitely appreciate everyone's support this weekend!

• Winner
Reactions: Cycsk

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
One of the owners is an Iowa State fan - they will definitely appreciate everyone's support this weekend!
Does anyone have info on Beer Can Alley. They only have a Facebook page and the intrawebs says the are only open Fri and Sat from 8pm to 2pm? Confused?

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
Does anyone have info on Beer Can Alley. They only have a Facebook page and the intrawebs says the are only open Fri and Sat from 8pm to 2pm? Confused?
They will be open all tournament long and will be the official Iowa State hang out. Every Ames Lager purchased there they are giving $1 to the We Will Collective as well.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
If your living situation is conducive, could see about offering a place to stay in return for a ticket! Possibly a Drake fan who may not want to attend first game? That's me assuming the ticketing process allows the finagling that requires.

RIP Uncytely. Hasn’t anyone ever heard of the March Madness Killer?

• Funny
Reactions: cowgirl836

RotatingColumn

Oct 21, 2008
Last time I attended an ISU NCAA tournament game was 2000 when I drove between Ames and Minneapolis during spring break when i was a student as the women hosted at Hilton that year. We made the elite 8 so hoping karma is in our favor this year.

Really looking forward to the atmosphere in Omaha as it should be a pro ISU crowd.
I passed on going to this one, stating "I'll just catch them next time."
24 years later I'm finally going to my first tourney game.

Let this be a lesson to you kids out there... don't be me.

Cyburbbalz

Dec 14, 2019
Anyone have any parking tips for the CHI Health center? Is it better to just park in the main lots or are there better spots?

At Wells Fargo I always park across the river and walk over the bridge. It's much easier to get out of than dealing with the main parking lot traffic before and after.
Probably just main lots to the west unless you want to walk for awhile.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron