Oklahoma & OKlahoma State duals

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
ISU press release

Oklahoma is at 7PM on Friday on Fox College Sports Central

Oklahoma State is on Sunday on FloWrestling. Oklahoma State lists the time as 2PM and ISU lists the time as 6PM. Not sure which is correct.

No Downey or Boston listed as "or"s in the lineup.

CyAGR

Nov 21, 2014
Iowa
There will be some very good match ups this weekend. I am excited to see Moreno vs Collica and Brewer vs Hall. Should be some good wrestling

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
There will be some very good match ups this weekend. I am excited to see Moreno vs Collica and Brewer vs Hall. Should be some good wrestling

Moreno vs Collica is definitely one I'm looking forward to. Moreno really needs a ranked win right now.

HGoat

Dec 18, 2014
Denver, Colorado
Moreno vs Collica is definitely one I'm looking forward to. Moreno really needs a ranked win right now.

Collica has looked a little off all year, so hopefully Gabe can get this win and get some momentum rolling. He has struggled with Collica in the past.

HGoat

Dec 18, 2014
Denver, Colorado
Matchup's I'm looking forward to:

OU dual

Hall/Brewer - Earl has beaten Brewer before and wrestled him tough in Vegas(in a very entertaining match), but a W here is a tall order.

Weatherman/Glass - Would be a good win for Tanner over a higher ranked opponent. I have watched Glass wrestle quite a bit and I personally think Tanner can and will beat him. TW is much better on his feet.

OSU dual

Moreno/Collica - Moreno has really had a tough time with Collica in the past. He's fully capable of beating him, I just hope that his prior losses isn't too much of a mental block.

Crutchmer/Weatherspoon - Would be a huge win for Lelund. Stylistically I think it is a good matchup for him. Crutchmer wrestles a lot of close matches and sometimes hesitates to pull the trigger(as does LW).

isit

Feb 9, 2014
Deep thoughts: the td isn't there again, so how do I get him down to work the tilt? Ok I'll hurt my left lung...I mean leg, so he has choice down and then go to work. Or get majored. Whichever

wow. Sit still. Otherwise you HAVE to start giving up 3rd period points because you will NEVER recover from stigma getting beat by less than 3 after that

Getting pinned by freshmen always sucks. Next man in.

progress. Poke, don't punch. Showtime. Loving the attitude.

tw showing some separation from pack.

how can we be losing 3rd periods to Oklahoma teams

gotta have appreciation for gibbons after 90 minutes of spates

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Deep thoughts: the td isn't there again, so how do I get him down to work the tilt? Ok I'll hurt my left lung...I mean leg, so he has choice down and then go to work. Or get majored. Whichever

wow. Sit still. Otherwise you HAVE to start giving up 3rd period points because you will NEVER recover from stigma getting beat by less than 3 after that

How drunk are you? Can anyone translate?

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Translation:

- Brewer is a beast at 33
- I'll stay away from 41
- Gabe got caught
- Nardo showed good offense, sloppy in win
- Tanner was solid. SICK ankle pick
- Spates sucks

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
I'm reminded tonight of Judoka's consistent use of Oklahoma as an example of another traditionally strong program struggling. Well, they just whipped us and they're ranked 7th. Not really a valid argument anymore.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
:eek: Sounds like Weatherman did well. What was the score there?

Tanner beat #8 Glass 6-2. When I tell you he had a sick ankle pick in there, I mean it. Dirty.

Nardo showed some explosiveness and won, but he gave up points in situations he should have actually scored. When I think back to his match, honestly think he should have majored the kid he had, but ended up winning just 10-8, while giving up riding time. Weird match.

Our only other win was Harrington at 97, and he got lucky. Some pretty sketchy officiating gave him a TD and top position, when it was...at best...a TD and escape for OU" with 30 seconds left. He held on to win 3-2.

- Larson was out matched, and actually "won" by only giving up the decision
- Hall tried...he really did, but Brewer is just a freak. He's bigger than their 41 (bigger than ours for that matter), and does real well with that massive of a cut
- Meeks was just...ugggggh
- Moreno was really, really, REALLY sloppy. Think he was the better wrestler, but was too loose with what he was trying to do. Almost got caught early, but ended up reversing it. He was bigger and stronger than OU, but tried a throw when he didn't need it, and slipped through on the edge. Got caught. May have jacked his shoulder in the process
- Nardo covered above
- Tanner covered above
- Spoon tried to throw, like he always does, but OU was ready for it and didn't let it happen. Lost a close one
- Harrington covered above
- Q...we know what happened here. Pinned himself in the 1st

Overall...just continue to be baffled at how dominant the opposing team is on top, and how we are the exact opposite in that position.

It was ugly, and it shouldn't have been. I think we actually match up relatively well with them, and they killed us

Last edited:

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.

Always wondered what it would be like to experience ISU wrestling on LSD.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Just have to say this again. Tanner's pick was a thing of beauty. If I knew how to make a gif, it would be a go to. I've watched it over and over. Just something. People who can't appreciate a move like that can't be helped.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
I'm reminded tonight of Judoka's consistent use of Oklahoma as an example of another traditionally strong program struggling. Well, they just whipped us and they're ranked 7th. Not really a valid argument anymore.

Look who's back. Disappointing showing by ISU and there is UNIFan.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Look who's back. Disappointing showing by ISU and there is UNIFan.

Been here all year. I was frustrated last night and broke my "promise" to stay more positive through the season. I will try to do better.

Hope Moreno is OK for Okie State tomorrow. They beat Mizzou last night.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron