NFL: ***Official Week Nine Thread***

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Niners @ Cardinals tonight. I expect SF to handle them pretty easily. The 49ers might be legit but their schedule gets considerably tougher the rest of the way, including two games against the Seahawks.

Best of the weekend:

MIN @ KC - I like KC if Mahomes is a go. Another measuring stick game for Kirk Cousins.

CHI @ PHI - Loser is going to have a really difficult time getting back into the playoff race. Not an elimination game, but not far off.

NE @ BAL - First significant test for the Pats. We'll see just how good that defense really is.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/01/cam-newtons-foot-reportedly-isnt-improving/

Uh-oh. The Panthers are right in the mix for the playoffs right now but they're one Christian McCaffrey injury away from being ******.

Gotta wonder about Carolina starting over after this season if they miss the postseason. Rivera has been there a long time. Cam would be in demand around the league if he was to become available (if he's healthy, of course).
I think the Panthers are in for a bit of a slide in the second half of the season. I see 4-5 losses on that schedule. I'm guessing they finish 9-7 at best and miss the playoffs.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I think the Panthers are in for a bit of a slide in the second half of the season. I see 4-5 losses on that schedule. I'm guessing they finish 9-7 at best and miss the playoffs.

I think so, too. I've got them at 9-7 or 8-8 depending on what the Saints do with their starters in Week 17. More power to McCaffrey for putting up a legit MVP season but the schedule only gets tougher, plus I think we'll see some serious regression from Kyle Allen that'll torpedo the season for them.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
The coverage of the Vikings game looks like I am watched an animated gif and not a TV broadcast.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
After 1 qtr, the Bears with 0 first downs, and negative yards.