***Official Pacers Playoff Thread***

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
They just need to stay alive because the longer the series goes the Knicks are going to suffer with the pace and physicality. Thibs will refuse to play his bench and these guys are already starting to get banged up.
They pretty much have to win the next 2.

• Agree
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

CycloneT

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 14, 2017
Pacers defense sucking starts with Haliburton. Everyone else has to over help and it leaves other guys wide open.

• Disagree
Reactions: fcclone

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Pacers defense sucking starts with Haliburton. Everyone else has to over help and it leaves other guys wide open.

Some of that is this is his first playoffs and he’s learning. I mean even Hart flagrant fouling him with no call taught him something.

He’ll never be the greatest one on one defender because he doesn’t have the strength but he does have the skill set to be elite at disrupting plays, blocking/changing shots and causing turnovers. He does that in regular season but it’s different now in 2nd round.

I think of him like a longer Steve Nash. Nash still wouldn’t have been some lock down defender with a longer wingspan but anybody with TH wingspan should be able to cause problems.

• Agree
Reactions: fcclone

CycloneBamaFan

Nov 6, 2018
Pacers were terrible in the beginning of the 3rd. That was basically the game blowing their lead and the crowd going crazy with Brunson back. Haliburton is great and he needs to stay agressive.

• Agree
Reactions: NENick

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Miles Turner is also awful on D and rebounding. The two of them really struggle to cover a pick and roll or iso.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
McConnel needs to be more playing more minutes. He’s looked like one of the best players on the floor the last two games and he was giving Brunson fits. Hali needs to stop giving up open shots. He's passing up open threes to give worse 3 point shooters open threes.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Knicks have been the mentally tougher team in these two games. Pacers have played well but they need to be tougher late in the game. Brunson was not going to let his team lose. Ty needs to show the same determination.

Reactions: NENick

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Pacers have been in both games until 3rd Q tonight - sucked. But get back home, get Tyrese healthier, get some home cooking and this thing is far from over.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
It's tough not to like the guy.

I like Brunson a lot more as "the man" for NYN than I did as a guy dominating the ball for Team USA last summer while Edwards was often just floating around. I think Edwards and Tyrese as the primary duo would have won gold.

In these playoffs with a team built for him and coach who sets things up around his strengths there's not much to criticize. Probably only Edwards and Jokic are putting up comparably impressive numbers.

The other Villanova guys are playing way above their career averages for efficiency too. If any of the three have the ball in a key situation you don't feel comfortable if you're cheering against them.

Reactions: t-noah

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
If I'm Carlisle I'm telling all my guys to react as though they've been hit by a truck anytime they are within arms length of a Knicks player. If they are going to reward flopping, you might as well fully lean into it.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Tyrese is carrying the Pacers right now. Needs others to step up.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron