OFFICIAL Going to Dallas Thread

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Well we got offered two tickets from a family member down there that two of their group can’t use now. I didn’t plan on going but this is too hard to pass up. So glad I get to share this memory with my son. We are going to drive down and leave early Friday morning then after the game at some point start making our way back to Iowa and staying either in Oklahoma City area or push through to Wichita.

I'd push through to Wichita if possible. For someone who's done that drive numerous times through my college (Texas to Ames), it really helps the last leg when you've gotta start from Wichita rather than OKC.

• Agree
Reactions: wxman1

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I'd push through to Wichita if possible. For someone who's done that drive numerous times through my college (Texas to Ames), it really helps the last leg when you've gotta start from Wichita rather than OKC.

Suppose it depends where you are. From Dallas, I would just come home and we are on the MN border. If you have things ready to go it is probably 10 hours to Ames one you hit the road.

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Suppose it depends where you are. From Dallas, I would just come home and we are on the MN border. If you have things ready to go it is probably 10 hours to Ames one you hit the road.

Yeah, it makes sense to just bite the bullet and go all the way. I was just thinking about the drive if the user wants/needs to rest. Say the game ends around 3PM. By the time you're at your car and drive out of the stadium/traffic maybe 3:45 or 4. It's about 3 hours to OKC or 5 and a half hours to Wichita.

If you have to make a stop and rest, might as well get the extra 2 and a half hours of driving done when you're already in a highway-driving rhythm. Not much difference taking a rest at 7PM (OKC) or at 9:30PM (Wichita).

S&HHecht

Dec 11, 2020
Wife and I are driving down friday. I had been keeping an eye on SeatGeek for tickets for a while before this past Wednesday I found some seats in section 412 (50 yard line) for $150 a piece. I checked again this morning and now the cheapest seats anywhere in the building are close to $200 with 412 going for $300+. It was so helpful to be pretty certain after beating TX we were going to the Title game to be able to buy early.
I have 2 tickets in 219 Row 4 for $320

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Drive 17 minutes to the stadium, cook breakfast on the Blackstone, watch game, drive 17 minutes home. Pretty simple. Easy peasy.

Kinda like me for all games at Jack Trice. Just a 5 minute drive to the stadium. Park, Tailgate, go to game, drive home in about 10 minutes depending on game traffic. Pretty simple. Easy Peasy.

Reactions: TruClone and cyeah

KCy

Jul 20, 2008
Kansas City
My brother has some tickets for sale. Good seats. Around the 50 yardline. PM me for his number. He is in West Des Moines area.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Anyone seen what is allowed attendance for this game?

Each school got 5k tix, which I assume will sell out. How may others sold to general public or Cowboy season ticket holders?

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Anyone seen what is allowed attendance for this game?

Each school got 5k tix, which I assume will sell out. How may others sold to general public or Cowboy season ticket holders?

I saw somewhere else that there will be about 18k seats available, give or take.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I’d guess your estimate for OU is way low considering the proximity to Norman.
Depends on when OU fans started feeling confident enough to purchase tickets, I think. We were all but clinched a full week before they were. So it depends on how many ISU fans snatched up tickets before OU fans. I know I got mine the day after the Texas game.

Also with limited capacity, I think that’s more important that the fan base size in the area or the drive time from Norman.

• Agree
Reactions: Tailg8er

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
Depends on when OU fans started feeling confident enough to purchase tickets, I think. We were all but clinched a full week before they were. So it depends on how many ISU fans snatched up tickets before OU fans. I know I got mine the day after the Texas game.

Also with limited capacity, I think that’s more important that the fan base size in the area or the drive time from Norman.

Agree with a lot of this. I don't think proximity means a whole heck of a lot when you have a fan base that practically lives at the top of the conference every year vs. one that hasn't been here in 100 years. I'd guess OU fans are a lot more interested in saving up for a CFP ticket if it happens...

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
We are actually flying down Friday and then flying right back after the game on Saturday. Asking a lot for people to watch our kids so we didn't want to overload them and the flights on Sunday were meh from Southwest so just down and back. Looking forward to it so much.

My wife and I bought tickets early in 2005 for the championship game. Went to KC anyway to watch that abomination of a game that was CU/OU. This has been something I've dreamed about for literally decades.

RogerQC

Mar 5, 2014
Quad Cities
Wife and I are flying in Thursday night, exploring the area (mostly Fort Worth) on Friday, winning the 'ship on Saturday, and flying back Sunday. Staying at the Hilton Garden Inn in Arlington. 45ish minute walk to Jerry World if Ubers are hard to get. BTW, for those asking, 18,000 fans are allowed in. 5K per school and 8K for the general public.
We will see you there, wife and I are staying there flying in on Thursday be there about 6.