****Official Class of 2018 Recruiting Thread****

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Any word on the staff stopping in TN on their way back from Morgantown?

Yes, I think they're having dinner at the Grand Ole' Opry as we speak.
Seriously, tho, what's in TN?

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Iowa Western lost at Indian Hills tonight so he was there to see Lake. I believe Iowa Western's season is over now, so maybe we can get Lake in Ames for selection Sunday.

Goodness, 'what if' Ernst outplayed Lake tonight as he watched? Assuming they are different 'type' players. But, still awkward.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Goodness, 'what if' Ernst outplayed Lake tonight as he watched? Assuming they are different 'type' players. But, still awkward.
I think Ernst is injured, which is part of the reason we were willing to let him go imo. He has a history of injuries.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I'm not a fan of Lake. Hope we can do better. Granted, we have room.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
New name for '18 Lahat Thioune. Picked up offer from Louisville on 1/20. Sounds like a McKat. 6'11(!!!) 205 PF.

http://247sports.com/Player/Lahat-Thioune-46036439

Lahat Thioune: 6'11" Thioune is a developing and intriguing big man who rim runs well. He used his length and athleticism to block shots routinely, particularly from the weak-side. Since the fall, his offensive skill-set has become more developed, particularly his face-up game, but he does most of his damage in transition and near the basket, on dribble dish-offs and off of offensive rebounds. He's added strength to his solid frame, which has helped his overall game on both ends of the court. Thioune has become a better defensive rebounder and improved his ability to pass out of a double-team. The junior is hearing from Louisville, UConn, Iowa State,UNLV, Pitt, Florida Gulf Coast, and UAB.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Thinking ahead to 2018. Really hope we can get Race Thompson and TJ Moss; pretty much my 1a and 1b wants. Also hoping there is a high profile player that emerges for us in the Fall, like Wigginton last Fall.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Here's a new name, Talen Horton-Tucker. We will need a hyphen player added to confine the tradition of having one on the roster after Weller-Babb...

"With that Horton-Tucker is continuing to pick up major interest on the recruiting trail.
“I have nine offers. Arizona State, DePaul, UIC, Toledo, Iowa State, Northwestern, and I also have some others,” said Horton-Tucker. “Also I am hearing from Notre Dame, Xavier, and Illinois.”

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1767491-horton-tucker-shines-swish-n-dish

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Thinking ahead to 2018. Really hope we can get Race Thompson and TJ Moss; pretty much my 1a and 1b wants. Also hoping there is a high profile player that emerges for us in the Fall, like Wigginton last Fall.
Also looking to 2018, KU was just added to the list of the top 2018 recruit, a forward. Rumors of this guy maybe reclassifying. If I'm Prohm I'm taking that news and running with it. Preston, Bagley, Doke, Bragg, and Colby is a deep frontcourt.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Also looking to 2018, KU was just added to the list of the top 2018 recruit, a forward. Rumors of this guy maybe reclassifying. If I'm Prohm I'm taking that news and running with it. Preston, Bagley, Doke, Bragg, and Colby is a deep frontcourt.

Good point, though I think that would factor more into Juiston recruitment this year rather than Race's.
I doubt Azubuike/Bragg will be on the team after next year on way or another. If the number 1 player in a class reclassified up they are almost always one--n-done.

Reading their boards many KU fans would be fine with Bragg be off the team this year already. Been a rough year on an off the court for him in Lawarence.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Good point, though I think that would factor more into Juiston recruitment this year rather than Race's.
I doubt Azubuike/Bragg will be on the team after next year on way or another. If the number 1 player in a class reclassified up they are almost always one--n-done.
I was alluding to Juiston when I posted that, but also think it would apply some to Race. Recall that Race will likely sign in November and there's a salesmanship element in recruiting.

jim4

Sep 27, 2014

I sure hope they don't get Marvin Bagley. That kid is amazing

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I sure hope they don't get Marvin Bagley. That kid is amazing
Maybe he'd suffer from the KU big man curse.

Hey, KU can get him and have another paper title if it meant recruits we're in on see crowded frontcourt.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015

Update on AJ Green. Not sure how likely it is he doesn't go to UNI but I do like his game & he keeps getting better.

Edit: I believe this is a members only article but if you open it in twitter you can read it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron