***Official 2024 Weather Thread***

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
Except his thing happened at night and he might not have known what he was driving into. This person knew.
One part stupid, two parts lazy. She didn't want to go around or find another way, so she chanced it. 9/10 times that's why people cross water. They don't feel like going around.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyhig

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
One part stupid, two parts lazy. She didn't want to go around or find another way, so she chanced it. 9/10 times that's why people cross water. They don't feel like going around.

I accidentally drove into a flooded street in the dark one time and never again. Somehow that little car made it through to the other side without damage but the number of times I said "oh **** oh **** oh **** oh ****" in those 20 seconds was a lot.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I accidentally drove into a flooded street in the dark one time and never again. Somehow that little car made it through to the other side without damage but the number of times I said "oh **** oh **** oh **** oh ****" in those 20 seconds was a lot.

When I was in college I was caught driving home from my summer job in a rainstorm. It was dark and I was out in the country so I couldn’t see anything. At one point, lightening flashed and I felt like my car was in pretty deep. I managed to turn around and drove back to town and spent the night in a hotel. For probably 15 years I was petrified of driving in anything more than a light rain. The next morning you could see the cornstalks and other debris that had swept across the road where I turned around.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

U.S. had 300 tornadoes in April, second-most on record​

Although April is often a busy time for tornadoes, the 300-plus twisters this year dwarfed the average of 182 and trails only the unbelievable total of 757 in April 2011 in modern records, according to a preliminary analysis by the National Weather Service Storm Prediction Center. - Washington Post

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny

Although April is often a busy time for tornadoes, the 300-plus twisters this year dwarfed the average of 182 and trails only the unbelievable total of 757 in April 2011 in modern records, according to a preliminary analysis by the National Weather Service Storm Prediction Center. - Washington Post

I figured it was a lot this year but holy ****!!!!! 757in one month !?

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Gated article, but confirmed, or radar indicated? Let's not pretend that 30, 40 or 50 years ago (or longer) they had the same level of ability to accurately count these things beyond looking at the damage.

Reactions: WartburgClone