MLB: ***Official 2024 St. Louis Cardinals Thread***

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
The team is hitting .217 as a team and under .300 OBP at .299. We currently have 4 players playing above the WAR for their position, with highest being Contreas at 1.5. The starting pitching has not been horrible, but when you cannot score runs, you are going to lose games. Yesterday was a perfect example, down one in the 10th the Cards load the bases with no one out, and the next three hitters all strike out and we lose the game. Their approaching to situational hitting has sucked for the past couple of years and its not improving. The young players outside of Winn are all struggling to stay about .250, Goldy has been horrible the entire year.

Time for a change in the manager and the front office, but we all know nothing is going to be done, until the season is in the tank. Losing 2/3 to the Whites Sox at home is not acceptable.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
20% of the way through the season and the Cards have spent all but a few days in dead last in the Central.

I suspect if this keeps up, Mo will can Oli by the all star break.

Not that it will matter…but I do believe Mo will toss Oli right under the Budweiser Bus to save his own job.

Of course he will but fans are not morons, they will see right through it.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I am not going to see them play this year in person.
Neither am I; we saw them in Dallas last season and Atlanta the year before, my brother wanted my wife and I to go down to St. Louis with him in July. 3 game series with Washington I think, I told him I would think about it. But after figuring $300 to $400 for the tickets, $500/600 for 2 nights in a hotel, plus food and drink, just could not justify spending $1200/1500 on this team.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
The team has lost four in a row to the might White Sox and Mets, who are a combined 30 games below .500. They are batting .217 as a team, are a negative 35 runs scored to given up, hit a total of 26 HRs, have Kd 308 times to 121 BB. The pitchers have an ERA of 3.99 and outside of Gray, the starting pitching has been just as bad as last year.

Time for a new voice in the clubhouse and in the front office, the longer ownership waits the worse it's going to get.

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
In case any of you missed this, Dewitt #3 showed his feelings about payroll and fans. Again, it's just a business for these guys. It's not about winning. He's basically saying to the fans "show up and then we'll see if we can afford a winning club."

The key quote:

DeWitt laughed aloud as he mused, “the thing I sometimes chuckle about is when I see sometimes comments [like], ‘we’ve got to not show up to send a message that this isn’t acceptable to the owners.’ “I find that one somewhat illogical reasoning,” he continued, “because we just turn this revenue machine into a payroll machine. I mean that’s what this is, this business. We try to drive as much revenue as we can, and then it gets put on the field, for the most part.

Read more at: https://www.bnd.com/sports/mlb/st-louis-cardinals/article288492185.html#storylink=cpy

https://www.bnd.com/sports/mlb/st-louis-cardinals/article288492185.html

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
In case any of you missed this, Dewitt #3 showed his feelings about payroll and fans. Again, it's just a business for these guys. It's not about winning. He's basically saying to the fans "show up and then we'll see if we can afford a winning club."

The key quote:

DeWitt laughed aloud as he mused, “the thing I sometimes chuckle about is when I see sometimes comments [like], ‘we’ve got to not show up to send a message that this isn’t acceptable to the owners.’ “I find that one somewhat illogical reasoning,” he continued, “because we just turn this revenue machine into a payroll machine. I mean that’s what this is, this business. We try to drive as much revenue as we can, and then it gets put on the field, for the most part.

Read more at: https://www.bnd.com/sports/mlb/st-louis-cardinals/article288492185.html#storylink=cpy

https://www.bnd.com/sports/mlb/st-louis-cardinals/article288492185.html
3rd in attendance and 16th in salary last year does not say the money is being returned to the field. He is forgetting about the large cut of that revenue that is being given to him and the rest of the ownership group. It's his team, he can do what he wants with his team, but that does not mean that I and other Cards fans need to continue to purchase tickets to go see a last place team.

• Winner
Reactions: throwittoblythe