***Official 2013 Bracketology Thread***

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Report after WVU, TCU games

ISU's RPI went from 46 to 41
Pomeroy dropped from 27 to 31 (to be expected after WVU game)
Lunardi went from 44 to 36
BPI went from 30 to 28

probably looking at a 10 seed if season was done today.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
Lunardi gave us a nice little bump there, we are in much better shape than we were last year at this time. I think we were barely on the radar at this time last year, the KU game was the game that put us on the map.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Report after WVU, TCU games

ISU's RPI went from 46 to 41
Pomeroy dropped from 27 to 31 (to be expected after WVU game)
Lunardi went from 44 to 36
BPI went from 30 to 28

probably looking at a 10 seed if season was done today.

10 seems reasonable with those numbers. I have ISU as 11 in my informal seeding.

A lot of teams that haven't separated themselves. Iowa State is among them, in the 'work to do' category, but closer "should be in" (if tournament started now) than a lot of teams in that bubble vicinity.

TurbulentEddie

Nov 16, 2012
Madison, WI
Win on Wednesday and ISU would finishes 11-7 with wins over Kansas, K-State, Baylor, OSU, and OU.
The committee frowns upon lack of quality road wins. UMKC, TCU, and TTU is not going to get it done. Losses at Texas and WVU will look bad this year. Getting at least one of OU, KSU, Baylor, or OSU will look great, OTOH.

Last edited:

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
The committee frowns upon lack of quality road wins. UMKC, TCU, and TTU is not going to get it done. Losses at Texas and WVU will look bad this year. Getting at least one of OU, KSU, Baylor, or OSU will look great, OTOH.

I think we will get at least 2, if not 3 of those.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Lunardi gave us a nice little bump there, we are in much better shape than we were last year at this time. I think we were barely on the radar at this time last year, the KU game was the game that put us on the map.

This.

This team has been on an upward trajectory all season. Even considering the close shave with WVU, they are doing the things teams with good seeds in the tourney do. Winning physical games, winning grind it out road game. Niang is key component and only a freshman and improving quickly.

Worst case is they are 12-6 and 8th seed. Good showing in Big XII tourney and 6th or even 5th seed is possible.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I think the definite mood to take right now is 'cautiously optimistic'. We definitely are ahead of last year at this time, due to not having any bad losses like we did last year, but we still need to add some good wins just like we did at this time last year as well. We'll definitely have chances for those coming up after the tech 'avoid a bad loss' game. In a couple weeks we'll likely have a much better idea on our postseason chances. We've shown the ability to win those 'prove it' games coming up (most notably in the KU game), we now just have to go and do it.

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
In this thread I'm seeing a lot of predictions for ISU to be a 10 or 11 seed. To me I would rather have the 11 seed than a 10 because it would be an easier road to a possible sweet 16. You never know how deep a team can go in the dance... like when VCU was an 11 seed and made the final four a couple years ago. Of course this is all hypothetical, but would you guys rather have a 10 or 11 seed?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
In this thread I'm seeing a lot of predictions for ISU to be a 10 or 11 seed. To me I would rather have the 11 seed than a 10 because it would be an easier road to a possible sweet 16. You never know how deep a team can go in the dance... like when VCU was an 11 seed and made the final four a couple years ago. Of course this is all hypothetical, but would you guys rather have a 10 or 11 seed?

I would take a 10 if it meant avoiding the additional game in dayton that an 11 seed could get stuck with. 3 vs 4 seed in the r32 isnt all that different, and you have a 7 seed instead of a 6 seed in the first round (r64)

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
This.

This team has been on an upward trajectory all season. Even considering the close shave with WVU, they are doing the things teams with good seeds in the tourney do. Winning physical games, winning grind it out road game. Niang is key component and only a freshman and improving quickly.

Worst case is they are 12-6 and 8th seed. Good showing in Big XII tourney and 6th or even 5th seed is possible.

Worst case 12-6, where do I sign up???

lakesbison

Jul 14, 2009
NDSU summit league 16-3 only lost to #1 Indiana and #9 Minnesota.... should get the summit league bid and be #13 seed.

CJ4IOWASTATE

Oct 29, 2010
grimes
Stop. Lets win the game we should Wednesday night. That would be a great road win as all road wins are.

Then we come home to a crazy Hilton and all hell breaks loose against KST.

One at a time boys, one at a time........

Help Support Us

Become a patron