***Offical who is going to NYC thread***

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
Will be there! Have way too much school work to do and can't focus right now. All I can think of is New York!

akvratny

Mar 24, 2014
Me and my sister are going! We went out on a limb and purchased our airplane tickets after they beat North Carolina Central and got them for $377 out of Cedar Rapids! Got tickets in section 103 for $511 a piece for the first session! Hoping to see a Cyclone victory and celebrate afterwards!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Stub hub has no electronic delivery, any thoughts on this? A little nervous to do ups especially with a storm coming to the northeast tomorrow.

In Kansas City, Stub Hub had a Will Call table set up in a hallway in the conference room area of the auxiliary Marriott hotel building. Maybe they will have something like this in New York.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
The friend I am going with has never been out of the state of Iowa. He's never been on an airplane. He's never been in a building taller than 3 stories.

This is either gonna be fun or hell for him.

Well, with you, we know it won't be boring for him!

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Can't wait to see all the Cyclone fans in MSG! Spike Lee and I will be sitting next to each other.:rolleyes:

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
I'll be there. Me and my dad are heading out. We have watched the last 5 games together and ISU has obviously been HOT. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I have a friend who has an apartment a mile from MSG that we are crashing at. Looking forward to seeing the Cyclones play at MSG!

DugDaThug

Mar 24, 2014
My wife, kids and I have taken the plunge. We bought flights immediately following the UNC game and picked up $340 RT from Des Moines (Thurs - Mon). We used www.airbnb.com and secured a 2 bedroom apartment across the river in NJ for $150/night. We were able to get four tickets for all session @ $200/each through ISU (employer is a big donor).

I noticed there are still quite a few reasonable flights going to NYC (around $400 out of Omaha), and some fairly reasonable places to stay in NYC. The problem for anyone considering the trip is those darn tickets to the games -- if your'e wise you'll buy the strip and save your self some money by not having to scalp a session 2 tickets from a disgruntled UCONN fan once ISU wins. Tickets to both sessions can still be had for less than $500.

Hope this helps someone....

D

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Wish I was going...love NYC and love the Cyclones.

I see a lot of you will get there Thurs and leave Monday....OBVIOUSLY, i want to see you all in gear for the Today show. :spinny:

have fun, cheer loud...and enjoy the experience. Also, be safe.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Wish I was going...love NYC and love the Cyclones.

I see a lot of you will get there Thurs and leave Monday....OBVIOUSLY, i want to see you all in gear for the Today show. :spinny:

have fun, cheer loud...and enjoy the experience. Also, be safe.

When do they tape that? I could make it Friday Morning I think

DugDaThug

Mar 24, 2014
Has anyone figured out what time we'll play on Sunday? I assume they complete all the games during the day .. but not sure???

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
When do they tape that? I could make it Friday Morning I think

I believe they start at 6AM (NYC time). It is live (as when I was there my sister called and saw me on it). Kinda cool to check out. Just neat to see all that goes into it and if they have a segment outside, easy to meet the hosts.

I went on the tour of NBC while there...very cool to see SNL studio, etc. I would recommend Letterman, but they don't tape on Fridays.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I believe they start at 6AM (NYC time). It is live (as when I was there my sister called and saw me on it). Kinda cool to check out. Just neat to see all that goes into it and if they have a segment outside, easy to meet the hosts.

I went on the tour of NBC while there...very cool to see SNL studio, etc. I would recommend Letterman, but they don't tape on Fridays.

NBC Studio Tour is Closed until like August because of renovations.

We're debating on trying to go to Saturday Night Live and try and get in.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
NBC Studio Tour is Closed until like August because of renovations.

We're debating on trying to go to Saturday Night Live and try and get in.

Going to The Today Show in "uniform?"

Saturday Night Live tickets get distributed through a lottery months in advance. However, I think they do have an option for you to stand in line in case someone doesn't show up. They told us about it on the tour when we were there for the Pinstripe Bowl. FYI, the observation deck on top of 30 Rock is really good. You get to go on the roof which is open to the sky.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Going to The Today Show in "uniform?"

Saturday Night Live tickets get distributed through a lottery months in advance. However, I think they do have an option for you to stand in line in case someone doesn't show up. They told us about it on the tour when we were there for the Pinstripe Bowl. FYI, the observation deck on top of 30 Rock is really good. You get to go on the roof which is open to the sky.

Been to the Top of The Rock (3rd time going to NYC). But yea I was talking about stand-in tickets for SNL. I think I might get asked to leave if I paint up on the Today Show lol

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron