Not too second guess but..........

Win5002

Apr 20, 2010
I wouldn't ahve tried the 55 yard field goal. You knew Nebraska could only run and chances are you pin them deep and get the ball back with time to score.

In OT I like going for it if you are not the better team. If their starting QB is playing I like that but with Green in Nebraska was real predictable. I think actually ISU should be the favorite at that point. ISU has the sr. QB not Nebraska. If you think you still are the underdog at least leave the regular offense in to make the play.

That being said I really like Coach Rhoades and think he could do some really good things for ISU, just would have done things differently due to those reasons.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I wouldn't ahve tried the 55 yard field goal. You knew Nebraska could only run and chances are you pin them deep and get the ball back with time to score.

In OT I like going for it if you are not the better team. If their starting QB is playing I like that but with Green in Nebraska was real predictable. I think actually ISU should be the favorite at that point. ISU has the sr. QB not Nebraska. If you think you still are the underdog at least leave the regular offense in to make the play.

That being said I really like Coach Rhoades and think he could do some really good things for ISU, just would have done things differently due to those reasons.

Easy to say after the fact. The guy just kicked a 57 yard FG, you have to have faith in that.

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
I had a very bad feeling about that kick, but there was absolute no reason you don't kick it

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
He made a 57 yarder earlier... why NOT try it?

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009
I don't disagree kicking the field goal, but it seemed like we kind of settled for it and stopped trying to push the ball down the field.

Cy's Taxi

Sep 16, 2007
Well, I wouldn't have thrown 2 interceptions, and one for a TD, but oh well... not much we can do about it now.

fanaticagain

Jun 6, 2009

You shouldn't title a thread "Not to second guess but" if you're going to do nothing but second guess in the post, Captain Hindsight.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY_oKve-bH0]YouTube - Captain Hindsight[/ame]

Reactions: VTXCyRyD

Win5002

Apr 20, 2010
I said it before the kick I didn't just say it afterwards.

here is the reasoning. what is the % of that kick? 35% maybe whether he made one earlier or not. If we punt they should be at the 20 or back fartehr. Then what is our defense's chance of stopping the Huskers with a completely one dimensional offense? I'd say 75% or better. Then they punt into the wind and we have time to go down and score. We probably are in similar field position also.

Not to mention the Huskers fumbling problems this year.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008

Could go either way. Either call was fine with me and either was reasonable. PR plays to win though, no doubt of that, and that is great with me.

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
"If if's and butts, were candy and nuts, oh what a Merry Christmas we would have" (Don Meridith from Monday night football) We just took the 7th ranked team to the wire. I love what coach did, he put it on the line and we didn't quite make it. We need to just finish the season with two victories.

clonomaniac

Apr 12, 2006
St Louis, MO

Please do not second guess. This was a great game, just end your thoughts at that.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA

You make some good points. I also thought we had the advantage in OT regarding QB play. Husker fans around us were real nervous, knowing that Green is very limited in ability.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
To second guess - I wished we would have just went for two. Arnaud on a QB draw is hard to bring down.

However, if that pass is completed, I would have prefered that play call. **** happens.

ISU2010

Jun 20, 2010
I said it before the kick I didn't just say it afterwards.

here is the reasoning. what is the % of that kick? 35% maybe whether he made one earlier or not. If we punt they should be at the 20 or back fartehr. Then what is our defense's chance of stopping the Huskers with a completely one dimensional offense? I'd say 75% or better. Then they punt into the wind and we have time to go down and score. We probably are in similar field position also.

Not to mention the Huskers fumbling problems this year.

it was the right call. we had the wind at our backs, we'd just made a 57-yarder, and even if we missed and gave them better field position, the odds weren't good that they were going to drive 60 yards into the wind and score in 3 1/2 minutes. But the odds were good that they could rush on three straight downs and get a first down and run the clock out and take their chances in overtime. if that happened then you'd be on here second guessing why we didn't attempt the 55-yarder.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron