Minneapolis game watch

JDDCy

Jul 1, 2006
We are going to be in Minneapolis this weekend. Are there any good spots to catch the game that are family/Cyclone friendly? We are staying at a water park close to the Mall of America. Sorry I do not know the hotel/water parks name since my wife always makes the reservations.

CyMyGuy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2012
St. Paul, MN
Joe Senser's is a great location to watch the games. I would imagine there will be several Cyclone fans there as well, but, since the Minnesota game starts just after ours, there will be a lot of Gopher fans in there too. They have good food and HD projectors all along the walls. I've gone there for plenty of Iowa State football games and I'm rarely the only State fan there. I'm not sure where the closest location is but I know there's one in Roseville within 10-15 minutes I'd guess. Hope this helps.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
We are going to be in Minneapolis this weekend. Are there any good spots to catch the game that are family/Cyclone friendly? We are staying at a water park close to the Mall of America. Sorry I do not know the hotel/water parks name since my wife always makes the reservations.

The primary gamewatch site is just west of you off of I-494:

Joe Senser’s Sports Grill (primary location)
4217 West 80th, Bloomington

From Mall of America area take I-494 west to France Avenue exit, go south on France to 80th , go right (west) on 80th about 1/2 mile and Senser's is on your left. Parking is likely to be at a premium with the Gophers on at the same time and the parking lot capacity reduced by snow piles might want to arrive a little early. Might be pretty noisy but it is non-smoking so that part is family friendly. There are two big bars in the middle but seating outside of that is more restaurant like.

fenton06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2011
Ankeny, IA
Hmmm. I may ave to make a special trip to the twin cities to watch this game... It would be nice not being the only Cyclone watching the game! May still go to BWW in Mankato though if there are any ISU fans in SW MN!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron