Miller and Deace stuck in the office

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
I had to download the past 2 day's shows to listen to them, really good radio. I think the funniest is Steve thinking he heard kids laughing at 4:30 in the morning and then finding out it was the septuplets.

CYKID

Oct 18, 2006
Clive
Not to be a jerk, but it was your niece's choice to join the military. Just like it was my cousin's choice. A choice that I completely respect and admire. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people whine about how their loved ones, that joined the military by choice, are deployed or will be deployed shortly.

Right and it's Deaces choice to work at ClearChannel where this might happen. If he isn't happy about it, he should take it up with his boss. I didn't mean to imply that my niece whines about it, she accepts it. I worry about her, I do have that right. Police Officers pick their careers too. I suppose you have no sympathy when one of them gets hurt either. I really thought Jon was going to bring some closure to it when he ended with the" Things we are blessed with" bit but Deace appeared disingenuous about that too.

khess83

Jan 7, 2009
Beaverdale-Des Moines, IA
Right and it's Deaces choice to work at ClearChannel where this might happen. If he isn't happy about it, he should take it up with his boss. I didn't mean to imply that my niece whines about it, she accepts it. I worry about her, I do have that right. Police Officers pick their careers too. I suppose you have no sympathy when one of them gets hurt either. I really thought Jon was going to bring some closure to it when he ended with the" Things we are blessed with" bit but Deace appeared disingenuous about that too.

Another cousin is a correctional officer and when he is hurt in the line of his job, I don't really feel sorry for him. Maybe that makes me insensitive, but that is truly how I feel. We all know the dangers of our jobs and we accept them, otherwise we would not be in those situations. For example, I work in an office at a computer all day, I know it is possible that I may get carpal tunnel or a severe paper cut. Not life threatening I know, but I do not expect anyone to feel sorry for me.

Almost 100% sure Deace was over hyping his complaints. The guy is similar to Rush, everything is done for a reason and that reason is ratings. You just have to keep that in mind.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I'm happy I'm not on the radio everyday because some of you would really hate me. I complain all the time about things but I know that I have it better than the majority of the population. Last night while getting into bed I was complaining about the sheets being cold. That doesn't mean that I have it as tough as some child starving in Africa or an abused animal.

Maybe I should start playing "in the arms of an angel" in the background when I complain.

CYKID

Oct 18, 2006
Clive
Another cousin is a correctional officer and when he is hurt in the line of his job, I don't really feel sorry for him. Maybe that makes me insensitive, but that is truly how I feel. We all know the dangers of our jobs and we accept them, otherwise we would not be in those situations. For example, I work in an office at a computer all day, I know it is possible that I may get carpal tunnel or a severe paper cut. Not life threatening I know, but I do not expect anyone to feel sorry for me.

Almost 100% sure Deace was over hyping his complaints. The guy is similar to Rush, everything is done for a reason and that reason is ratings. You just have to keep that in mind.

Yes, I would say you are insensitive but at least you admit it. I am no better than you, we just disagree. Deace on the other hand definitely lives two lives. I'm pretty certain that whining like that at his place of worship wouldn't get as positive of reaction. To me he is a phony, but maybe thats what sells ads.

Reactions: khess83

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I get goofy and weird when I lack sleep and am in a strange place, if I had to stay here for 2 days I think I'd be ******** about it too. He used self deprecating humor for the most part, it was funny.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

I think that you're taking it too seriously. They had to stay there two nights and were making light of it. If I were stuck at work for three days, I'd be saying "this sucks" to people. That doesn't mean that I'd have it worse than a LOT of people out there. I wouldn't, but you say stuff like that to laugh it off.

khess83

Jan 7, 2009
Beaverdale-Des Moines, IA
Yes, I would say you are insensitive but at least you admit it. I am no better than you, we just disagree. Deace on the other hand definitely lives two lives. I'm pretty certain that whining like that at his place of worship wouldn't get as positive of reaction. To me he is a phony, but maybe thats what sells ads.

Ha- Agreed, I don't think whining gets any individual anywhere in the church. Like I said I think 90% of on air babble is plotted and designed to provoke some and compliment others. 10% is true raw emotion and to be honest that is the best radio. Until I actually listen to the shows, I will hold back an opinion on this specific case.

Reactions: CYKID

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
We view our first job as entertaining people...and sometimes you can entertain people by making light of your own circumstances. The last two days have pretty much been 100% impromptu...off the cuff, and it was probably two of the most fun days at a job I have ever had. I can't even tell you most of what was said...I just know we were a little loopy, a little run down and everything seemed funny

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
I was very entertained while slowly driving to work this morning. That was good stuff.

CYKID

Oct 18, 2006
Clive
I think that you're taking it too seriously. They had to stay there two nights and were making light of it. If I were stuck at work for three days, I'd be saying "this sucks" to people. That doesn't mean that I'd have it worse than a LOT of people out there. I wouldn't, but you say stuff like that to laugh it off.

You are probably right. It's not like my wife or someone that I truly care about said something like this. It's a guy who makes his living stirring things up. I'm sure if he meant it his bosses will do something about it. I had two days off of work and got to be with my family the whole time. We also had an impromptu block party last night as almost everyone else was off too. I am thankful for that. I was just speaking to my niece on Facebook before I hopped in the car and turned on the radio. I guess I let it get to me. The fact that I complained about it on a message board makes me no better than him, I could have just turned the dial.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Did we ever find out how Deace was going to make "them" pay?

$10 says if we had a Republican governor, Deace wouldn't have said a word about the snow plowing. I thought it was hilarious (in a ridiculous way) that he was blaming an act of God on Chet Culver. I'm starting to think that he knows some of his political comments are ridiculous, but it makes for good entertainment, and he's an entertaining character.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
$10 says if we had a Republican governor, Deace wouldn't have said a word about the snow plowing. I thought it was hilarious (in a ridiculous way) that he was blaming an act of God on Chet Culver. I'm starting to think that he knows some of his political comments are ridiculous, but it makes for good entertainment, and he's an entertaining character.

Have you ever heard anything he has said about Terry Brandstad

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Have you ever heard anything he has said about Terry Brandstad

Nope. Is he critical of the 'Stache? I've never listened to his politics show, because from what I've gathered off M &D, it sounds like a local Limbaugh.

I love him as a sports show host, but I always got the feeling that his politics show would be more of a bully pulpit/******** session.

ISUcy08

Dec 22, 2008
We view our first job as entertaining people...and sometimes you can entertain people by making light of your own circumstances. The last two days have pretty much been 100% impromptu...off the cuff, and it was probably two of the most fun days at a job I have ever had. I can't even tell you most of what was said...I just know we were a little loopy, a little run down and everything seemed funny

Best three days of a radio show I have ever heard. Each day had something new and was very entertaining. The best part was the septuplets laughing at Steve! I was rolling while listening to the podcast! :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron