Michigan State (Men's team)

Discussion in 'General College Sports' started by mj4cy, Mar 30, 2009.

1. mj4cy

mj4cy Asst. Regional Manager
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2006
    Structural Engineer
    Ankeny
    Though I've thought all along Louisville is weak and overrated (never had to play UConn or Pitt on the road or in the conference tourney), I will give Michigan State men's team credit for making the final four. I thought they would bow out against Kansas.

That being said, I don't see how they will hang with UConn. I think UConn wins by double digits. Does anyone else think MSU will win?

2. Cycofan1

Cycofan1 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
  3. c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s Active Member

Feb 21, 2007
    I would never count out a Tom Izzo coached team. They defend well, rebound like maniacs, will run you off the court if you don't get back on D and run great set offenses if you do get back.

That said, UConn does many of those same things with better talent.

Should be a good game.

4. jtd9046

jtd9046 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Sales
    Chicago
    Don't underestimate where the game is. It's going to be one hell of a home atmosphere for them, imagine a football stadium filled for ISU.

Also, they got crushed in the game but Mich St. played UNC in a neutral court game early this year at Ford Field. Crazy that both teams scheduled that game to get a feel for the place and are now both in the Final 4.

5. mj4cy

mj4cy Asst. Regional Manager
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2006
    Structural Engineer
    Ankeny
    Exactly. I just hope it's a good game. I'm hoping for a UNC/UConn final because I think that would be the most exciting to watch.

6. cyclonenum1

cyclonenum1 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Crazy?

I know as an ISU MBB fan you probably are like most on this site and believe that everything is about being lucky...having some bad breaks (like McDermott is having...or so the story goes) or getting lucky.

Memo to everyone...there is a reason these schools are "regulars" in the Final Four....and it is not "luck". These programs are well run machines and I would bet that they follow the old saying..."prior planning prevents poor performance".

7. Balls

Balls Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    DeNver, IA
    I pretty much lost all my credits on MSU's win into the Final 4. Stinks.

8. Cydkar

Cydkar Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    MSU has no chance to beat a better team in the NCAA tournament in their home state. :jimlad: