Kentucky Derby party apparel?

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Going to a Kentucky Derby tomorrow and apparently we're supposed to 'dress the part'. I have no idea what guys wear to these things except maybe a fedora and something maybe pastel? Any suggestions?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Just wear the biggest and dumbest thing you can on your head.
image010.jpg

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Boat shoes? Or is that not fancy enough? I’m realizing I may be getting men’s attire for the Kentucky derby and Martha’s Vineyard chic mixed up in my head.

Just say “well I do declare” in the most exaggerated southern accent. I am sure everyone will love it

Reactions: 2122

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I think he's going to a local Derby party in the Twin Cities, could be wrong. But I know bigger cities have big Derby parties where everyone dresses as if they were there.
Cyclone Liquors is hosting one - it’s a fundraiser for the leukemia and lymphoma society, I believe. Organized by one of the Cellar 626 bartenders who also used to work at WTP. She was going to have a fundraiser there, too, scheduled 5 days after it abruptly closed. But that’s another matter.

Reactions: Gonzo

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Going to a Kentucky Derby tomorrow and apparently we're supposed to 'dress the part'. I have no idea what guys wear to these things except maybe a fedora and something maybe pastel? Any suggestions?
Aren't you gay? You shouldn't be asking a bunch of white people from the Midwest for fashion tips my guy...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron