C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
DMR LINK
By DAN JOHNSON
The online NCAA Tournament forecasts show what's at stake for the Iowa State women's basketball team as it begins a three-game homestand against Texas Tech at 7 p.m. today.

The Cyclones (13-7, 2-5 Big 12 Conference) have been depleted after season-ending knee injuries to center Nicky Wieben and forward Toccara Ross. Yet they still have a shot at getting to Wells Fargo Arena as players, rather than spectators, when they host first- and second-round games of the NCAA Tournament.

Iowa State coach Bill Fennelly is just trying to get his team to regroup, but said he wants the NCAA Tournament door to remain open.

"Obviously, it's a totally different situation than it was three weeks ago, but we all have to have goals in life," Fennelly said. "Is it something that is completely realistic right now? No, it's not. But is it something that's possibility? Absolutely."

Follow the link to read the rest of the article....

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
The Sisters need to get a few lucky bounces for the rest of the season, but I think they can sneak into the NCAAs when all is said and done.

The fun starts tonight at 7pm. Go State!

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
When Weiben went down I think that was the last domino to fall. Right now I think they'd have to win the Big 12 tourney to get in.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
They could have should have beat KU, if they can just stay with the middle of the pack teams, I think we'll have a chance.

But then again, I'm a huge homer and am just hoping for the best.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
There are enough games left to make a claim, if we win. We're 14-7, 3-5 with 8 conference games left. Absent improvement from a week ago, 2-3 games is all we could hope for. 16-17 wins with a losing conf. record would be very bubbleish. But, Anderson is finding her way - she needs to perform at dbl-dbl level; Stuckey needs to make some shots; can't complain about the guards; we're RPI 35 and in the top RPI conf. It can be done, but, will certainly be uphill. Next up - MU at home.