***ISU vs Mississippi St.***

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Who: Iowa State vs. No. 6 Mississippi State
Where: Hilton Coliseum - Ames, Iowa
When: Saturday, Dec. 3 at 1:30 p.m.
Projected Starting Lineup: Seanna Johnson , Jadda Buckley , Meredith Burkhall, Bridget Carleton and TeeTee Starks
Radio: Cyclone Radio Network/Learfield
Talent: Rich Fellingham (PxP); Molly Parrott (color)
TV: FSN
Talent: Ron Thulin (PxP); Brenda VanLengen (color)

Lot of write-ups about this game - some links below. Mississippi St has won by such a large margin that the team stats may not be meaningful as 10 players average over ten minutes playing time. Starters - Vivians 6'1" Jr. 14.4 pts; William 5'5" Jr. 10.1 pts.; Okorie 6'5" Sr 9.6 pts and 7 rebounds; Richardson 6'1" Sr. 5.6 pts; Dillingham 5'9" Sr. 7.9 pts. First off the bench is Johnson 5'7" Jr. 9.7 pts. On average, they've out rebounded their opponents 38-26 and outscored 81-54. They shoot a respectable 37% from 3 pt. range. In a nutshell - a complete team that doesn't have a single strength or weakness to focus on.

Recently, we've beaten Texas and Baylor at Hilton when they were top ten teams.

For RPI watchers - our RPI (65) dropped 26 when we beat Arkansas State on account of their high RPI. Mississippi St. (13) doesn't have a marquis win- Texas is 2-3, an unknown quantity right now - three losses against good teams and 2 wins over lower level teams. Realtime projects a loss for the Cyclones 74-63.

Go State!!

http://cyclonefanatic.com/2016/12/wbb-cyclones-to-face-major-test-in-no-6-mississippi-state/

https://cyclonesidebar.wordpress.co...ch-iowa-state-take-on-no-6-mississippi-state/

Another point of view - http://hailstate.com/news/2016/12/2...-state-saturday-for-sec-big-12-challenge.aspx

Reactions: NWICY

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
This is a rare non-conference game against a ranked and P5 opponent at Hilton thanks to the Big 12 SEC Challenge. Also quality national broadcasters, another uncommon event that happens only a couple times a season. We will have a few other non-Cyclone.TV games but sometimes the broadcasters assigned to them are not exactly what I think of as first string. Much worth taking the time to check this out. Will be interested to see how team does against a tough opponent and will also be interested to hear some objective analysis from the broadcasters outside the Cyclone family. Looking forward to it.

Brenda VanLengen's game preview:

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
This is a rare non-conference game against a ranked and P5 opponent at Hilton thanks to the Big 12 SEC Challenge. Also quality national broadcasters, another uncommon event that happens only a couple times a season. We will have a few other non-Cyclone.TV games but sometimes the broadcasters assigned to them are not exactly what I think of as first string.
As long as we're talking about announcers and "first string" - let's get Brent B. to do women's BB play-by-play? I wouldn't call Rich F. a first string announcer...

Reactions: C.John

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
I really look forward to this game. I feel that MSst is way too much for this team. But GOD I would love to be proven wrong!

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
M State has some height, couple tall girls out there.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
As long as we're talking about announcers and "first string" - let's get Brent B. to do women's BB play-by-play? I wouldn't call Rich F. a first string announcer...

With commenting on Rich I'll say that Brent has been VERY good during his stints at the mic.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Mississippi State looks REALLY good, man, really good. And so far we are playing up to the level of competition.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Rich irritates me because he often gets black players mixed up.

To be fair I am getting TeeTee and Johnson mixed up on TV with them both sporting the same hair style. :rolleyes:

And so did Ron the play by play guy on an eariler backdoor play but he did correct himself.