ISU Gambling Megathread

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
Non Gambling.....but did the DCI just admit they had knowledge of sexual assault at U of I but it was covered up?
Do tell...........
I think a few female athletes might have some more ammo for lawsuits......

• Agree
Reactions: tim_redd and Jer

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
There's just so much that's gross about the e-mails.

First, you're the ******* DCI. Your job isn't about notoriety. You, more than perhaps any other agency in the entire State, should not be driven by notoriety. You should be driven by protecting people and investigating actual crimes, and doing so in a manner that will hold up in Court. If you do your job correctly, no one should know anything about what you are doing. Admittedly doing this for notoriety tells you every last thing you need to know.

Also, **** them for trying to equate this to U of I sweeping a sexual assault under the rug and not trusting the AD to take care of this. This is, without a shadow of a doubt, the type of thing each athletic department could have handled internally. There is no victim here. It's the result of some poor judgment and at worst resulted in a very, very minor criminal offense. You tell the athletic departments "hey, as a part of a search we noticed some irregular stuff coming from some of your players. We trust you will impart on them how important it is they aren't placing wagers, especially if they are underaged, and even more especially on games they are involved in. We are keeping an eye on it and if there is any more we may have to bring charges." Done. Fin. No doubt in my mind it gets taken care of.

Bagofdicks

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I also can't get over the idea of publicly acknowledging how controversial this may wind up and then proceeding to put a bunch of damning information into an e-mail that could be FOIA'd.

Reactions: khardbored

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
I also can't get over the idea of publicly acknowledging how controversial this may wind up and then proceeding to put a bunch of damning information into an e-mail that could be FOIA'd.
Sure, we do criminal investigations professionally, but what’s this word you’re using about email? Subpoena? That’s a new one!

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Should start at the top of DOJ and work yor way up the political ladder. Fired and face any criminal charges, weren’t the supposed to be following the laws on the books? Fines should come out of the department funds. Salary cuts .

Reactions: nrg4isu