Is the monkey off of the back?

Nov 23, 2008
Norwalk via Marshalltown
Everybody in the local media says the difference between Iowa and ISU is that Iowa has lately learned to win the close ones while ISU hadn't gotten there yet. Is this the win that turns that trend around for ISU? If so that would be the greatest thing for sports in this stats.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Re: Is the moneky off of the back?

If not then it's a good start.
IMO we threw the monkey off our back, told him to put his mouth on the curb, and stomped down hard!

Right now we are winning games that we should not win - and I love it!

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa

The things that happened to Nebraska today usually happen to ISU.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown

If not then it's a good start.
IMO we threw the monkey off our back, told him to put his mouth on the curb, and stomped down hard!

Right now we are winning games that we should not win - and I love it!

That was just one but hopefully the start of a trend.

Nov 23, 2008
Norwalk via Marshalltown

I would definately say it's a good start. It's been a while since I've seen ISU close out a close game. Over the past few weeks I've seen a lot of ISU fans saying that the team has an uncanny knack for finding ways to lose. That was the first thing that came to my mind the last five minutes of the game. Nebby kept getting the ball back and it looked very much like that low, blocked PAT would come back to haunt them, but ISU never gave in and took care of business. This is not something I'm used to seeing coming from ISU, but's it's a breath of fresh air.

isugcs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 21, 2007
Waverly
Both Iowa and Iowa State doing well in athletics is definitely a good thing for this state, AND both universities.

wright4cy

Jan 15, 2007
Boone
Monkey is off the back!!! Let me say we got NUs best shot they were embarrassed from last week ... My boys should be proud they actually found a way to win a close one and that defense made those turnovers happen ....hope they hold on to this play for rest of the year!! Thanks from hawk fans too !! Good luck tonight !! :~)

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Hell yeah the monkey is off our back. We threw that bastard down, buried him with a shovel, and then buried the shovel.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Everybody in the local media says the difference between Iowa and ISU is that Iowa has lately learned to win the close ones while ISU hadn't gotten there yet. Is this the win that turns that trend around for ISU? If so that would be the greatest thing for sports in this stats.
Then they are full of crap. The biggest difference between Iowa and ISU is talent, especially on both lines and at linebacker. That gap is closing on the offensive side of the ball, at least.