Iowa State Uniform Discussions

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
I guess I wasn’t following closely enough, but I had no idea that they were getting new uniforms. What was wrong with the old ones? I thought they look great. Best we’ve ever had.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
I see West Virginia is adding a black uniform to the repertoire.

Tell me why we couldn’t get something like that. Incorporating a storm on the black helmet or something.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Haha. Interesting.

For some reason, I don't particularly care about the Chiefs uniforms, even though I am a fan. If it ain't broke...

Iowa State uniforms keep me busy enough. :D

My photo editing skills are meager compared to many others on here (including you).

That being said, here is the best I could do in Microsoft Paint in ~90 seconds...

1714708732320.png

Reactions: t-noah

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
My photo editing skills are meager compared to many others on here (including you).

That being said, here is the best I could do in Microsoft Paint in ~90 seconds...

View attachment 128660
That's good. I get the idea. I don't know if you remember some of the stuff I did a few years back. It was pretty bad! You learn as you go.

I'm still not very good. I do have an interest in learning photoshop though, and uniforms are a pretty fun way to do it.

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
It's not bad, no. But I liked the silver. I think a little silver, even, in this set, would have been good/better.
Huh, I had never thought of the border on the numbers and sleeve stripes/collar as a "silver." Looking at pictures of it now, I still don't. Still looks like black to me, but made from a different material with a bit more sheen.

That said, I love the pure black on white of the new jerseys. It's so damn clean. And it's the only one of the new set where the shoulder stripes look great.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
That said, I love the pure black on white of the new jerseys. It's so damn clean. And it's the only one of the new set where the shoulder stripes look great.
Agree 100%

The stripes on the B/W are clean. The stripes on the Home and Road jerseys look really McDonalds-y. When they were revealed on April 1, I was really excited. Seeing them w/ the full uniform - not so much.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Hate to say it but these look better than our new black unis. I think our black ones are now the weakest of the set.
The new design really took the juice out of our B/B/B although the W/B/W looks better than the previous set.

They also managed to put "West Virginia" on the front without ruining the front numbers. I think if we are going to have "Iowa State" on the front, our font size is too small, which caused the numbers to be stretched vertically.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Actually disagree. The W/B/W combo is by far the best of the our batch.
The white helmet is sick and now has a full uni set that matches. Definitely upgraded that set, but I think C/W/C is still our best uni. The good news is our home C/C/W is now our second best instead of 5th or 6th.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
The white helmet is sick and now has a full uni set that matches. Definitely upgraded that set, but I think C/W/C is still our best uni. The good news is our home C/C/W is now our second best instead of 5th or 6th.
I don’t like the Cardinal helmet. It makes no sense to have more “white” on the Home Cardinal top and not have any white on the helmet.

Reactions: clonedude

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Tell me why we couldn’t get something like that. Incorporating a storm on the black helmet or something.

How come other teams always seem to know how to do this correctly? Those WV ones are a lot better than our black uniforms.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I don’t like the Cardinal helmet. It makes no sense to have more “white” on the Home Cardinal top and not have any white on the helmet.
It is a bit mismatched but the cardinal helmet as a standalone is a good looking helmet in my opinion. I hate white facemasks. It looks like you're wearing a toy helmet. Some white accents on the helmet might work.

Reactions: Cloned4Life

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron