Iowa St. vs Baylor GA tickets $65/pair

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
Wow, so many people interested in my tickets. For those of you that want to consider me a D.B. with out knowing the story I'm sorry about that. But after being called out I guess I will share the back story and let you be the judge.

I promised my 17 year old Nephew from NW Iowa I would take him to this game. I want to get in the door and take him as I have not missed a home game this year. I work in sales and have had a slow Jan & Feb (March is looking good) and could use a couple of extra tanks of gas considering it's $70.00 to fill up.

When I noticed a huge demand for tickets I figured I could snatch up a couple of SRO seats and attempt to sell my season tickets for a profit. They were not selling for what I had first hoped so I figured I would put these up and make a whopping $25 to take my nephew out for dinner in Ames before the game. Which ever pair sold first was fine by me. Worst case I sell them at the door for what I paid.

Long story short, my season tickets sold for $250.00. I have extra cash in my pocket and still get to take my nephew to the game. Also have exta funds for my young family. The buyers were very excited to get good seats at the last min. I think everyone wins.

Let the judging begin.

sell your boat. problem solved.

that will be $65 please.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Sure the guy is making some money but some cyclone fans who didn't have tickets before now have the opportunity to go. No problem here

Except they only 'have the opportunity to go' because he took away that opportunity from them in the first place (there was never any intention of using the tix). Price isnt the issue alone, its buying tickets specifically sold by the AD for the purpose you describe being bought up and marked up.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
Except they only 'have the opportunity to go' because he took away that opportunity from them in the first place (there was never any intention of using the tix). Price isnt the issue alone, its buying tickets specifically sold by the AD for the purpose you describe being bought up and marked up.

This.

The OP is a asshat....

Storkenheimer

Oct 2, 2011
I'm assuming all of the people criticising the OP have never sold any of their possessions for more than they bought them for either. Unbelievable.

We're all supposed to have some allegiance to sell at cost just because we're ISU fans? Compensation for the time that it takes to buy and sell the tickets is not too much to ask IMO.

To me, most people criticising the OP just seem jealous. If you didn't get tickets, get over it. Pay closer attention next time.

Save the commie ******** for the cave.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I'm assuming all of the people criticising the OP have never sold any of their possessions for more than they bought them for either. Unbelievable.

We're all supposed to have some allegiance to sell at cost just because we're ISU fans? Compensation for the time that it takes to buy and sell the tickets is not too much to ask IMO.

To me, most people criticising the OP just seem jealous. If you didn't get tickets, get over it. Pay closer attention next time.

Save the commie ******** for the cave.

Missing the point.

cyfan88

Mar 24, 2006
Missing the point.

If you said:

Google the definition of 'unjust'. The definition almost always includes 'unfair' as a synonym. Besides generally, i believe it within ones rights to do whatever they want as long as they are not damaging others.

Then I think you are too.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
The point is it's a ****** thing to do to buy the tickets and then immediately come onto CF to try to fleece fellow fanatics. Do it on stub hub, stand outside the doors, whatever. But to come scalp tickets on THE fan site for ISU athletics is low brow.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
The point is it's a ****** thing to do to buy the tickets and then immediately come onto CF to try to fleece fellow fanatics. Do it on stub hub, stand outside the doors, whatever. But to come scalp tickets on THE fan site for ISU athletics is low brow.

I thought that the old "I did it for the children" defense was pretty crass and tacky.

If you work on commission, save some money for the lean months. Every salesman has them. It's not that hard.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think the less than 24 hour period really ****** off some people.