Iowa hate thread

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The main reason I hate iowa is bc their fans were such a$$ holes when I was a kid (80s).

Now I hate iowa bc it’s so easy to do so. I’m middle age and have only gotten to know 1 iowa fan (by chance also a graduate school grad) that wasn’t a punk a$$ be-ouch.

Only time I’ve been to a football game in IC was against ISU, 2003 I believe? The game were ISU came back after being down at halftime. Fun game, no reason to ever be back in IC.

F*%k iowa!

That was 2002.

2003 was post Seneca hangover 2-10 season.

Reactions: CloneFanInKC

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
CF needs an onboarding team for new people to show them the ropes.
I feel like a troll chart would be helpful. Takes new people a while to realize the ones with something ISU in their name are just Hawk trolls thinking they are tricky

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Pretending to be the champion of women's sports with CC when the ink hasn't dried yet on the checks they were forced to write for violating the civil rights of several female coaches. Oh also a couple women's teams they tried to shut down (so MFHFCKF could get some more cash) and got sued and also had to write checks for that.

Can't believe some enterprising young reporter nationally hasn't brought up the "dark side" to the whole Iowa women's sports thing.

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
Can't wait for them to get rewarded for their seemingly reckless spending and get bailed out by the state once they have to start paying players and paying back all their loans.

Meanwhile ISU and Pollard who have been cautious with our spending will get nothing. Calling it now.

BoomerClone

Oct 27, 2010
North Carolina
A majority of their fanbase never actually attended a single class at the U of I but they live their lives through Hawkeye sports. This includes a lot of rural Iowan farmers who ignore the fact that ISU does so much to improve their livelihood whereas Iowa does nothing to help them.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I don't hate Iowa like I used to. I moved to far NE IA in 2012 from the Des Moines area, and frankly it's like living in a different state altogether on a lot of fronts. There are all sorts of typical "Iowa" things that just don't even exist up here, and seething Cy-Hawk hate is one of them. Yeah, everyone is an Iowa or ISU fan, but there's so much less toxicity. My Iowa friends don't **** talk ISU at all, and generally watch them approvingly. I never hear "clowns", "Lames", or people clinging to "but the Big 10 makes so much more money". Yeah, they want Iowa to kick our ass, but outside of that it's very friendly. If you're in a bar and ask to put the ISU game on, they do it. I just don't have the kind of interactions in my daily life that drive a hatred of Iowa.

Twitter and message boards are as bad as ever, and when I'm in central Iowa, or eastern Iowa to the south I pick up on more CyHawk toxicity, but I just don't deal with enough Iowa bull **** anymore to get the later going.

It does annoy me that they can play so terribly on one side of the ball, and due to their **** schedule the opponent just hands over mistake after mistake after mistake, but some of that is sour grapes because that hardly ever happens to us. Iowa gets like 5 of our 2009 Nebraska games in any given season.

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
I don't hate Iowa like I used to. I moved to far NE IA in 2012 from the Des Moines area, and frankly it's like living in a different state altogether on a lot of fronts. There are all sorts of typical "Iowa" things that just don't even exist up here, and seething Cy-Hawk hate is one of them. Yeah, everyone is an Iowa or ISU fan, but there's so much less toxicity. My Iowa friends don't **** talk ISU at all, and generally watch them approvingly. I never hear "clowns", "Lames", or people clinging to "but the Big 10 makes so much more money". Yeah, they want Iowa to kick our ass, but outside of that it's very friendly. If you're in a bar and ask to put the ISU game on, they do it. I just don't have the kind of interactions in my daily life that drive a hatred of Iowa.

Twitter and message boards are as bad as ever, and when I'm in central Iowa, or eastern Iowa to the south I pick up on more CyHawk toxicity, but I just don't deal with enough Iowa bull **** anymore to get the later going.

It does annoy me that they can play so terribly on one side of the ball, and due to their **** schedule the opponent just hands over mistake after mistake after mistake, but some of that is sour grapes because that hardly ever happens to us. Iowa gets like 5 of our 2009 Nebraska games in any given season.
I'm not in the state anymore but I have noticed that there are a lot more twitter trolls replying directly to official ISU twitter accounts which I feel like didn't use to happen as much. I think elons new algorithms promote tweets they know people will get upset by and so Iowa trolls are seeing ISU Football tweets on their feed when they wouldn't have in the past. And vice versa with our trolls.
Or there are just more trolls in general.