Interesting Billboard

MissouriCyclone

Jul 24, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
In Kansas City there is a billboard showing the skyline of Kansas City and the logos of KU and KSU on there. Above the two logos is the Big XII logo. Was wondering if anyone else saw this in the KC area and what they thought.

tccoach

Apr 22, 2006
Iowa
In Kansas City there is a billboard showing the skyline of Kansas City and the logos of KU and KSU on there. Above the two logos is the Big XII logo. Was wondering if anyone else saw this in the KC area and what they thought.

I haven't seen the billboards but I was listening to 810 today and heard a commercial that stated that KU was loyal to the area... sounds like some backlash about MU going to the SEC?

MissouriCyclone

Jul 24, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
Here's a picture. Nothing big, just thought it was interesting. Area is by the Sprint Center heading North on 71.

billboard001.jpg

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
Heard about it, but not surprised that a few donors from KU & KSU got together and decided that it would be a nice idea. I'm sure a few fair weather fans in the Kansas City area could switch allegiances beings they won't see Mizzou in the area as much...

Definitely expected the backlash though, it was inevitable...

Mizzoulander

Sep 28, 2011
Heard about it, but not surprised that a few donors from KU & KSU got together and decided that it would be a nice idea. I'm sure a few fair weather fans in the Kansas City area could switch allegiances beings they won't see Mizzou in the area as much...

Definitely expected the backlash though, it was inevitable...

Oh, definitely. I could see a LOT of fans switching allegiances after seeing this billboard. True story: I ALMOST became a Cyclone fan after driving by a billboard in eastern Iowa that had Greg McDermott on it. Powerful, powerful stuff.

Do NOT underestimate the power of billboards.

MissouriCyclone

Jul 24, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
Oh, definitely. I could see a LOT of fans switching allegiances after seeing this billboard. True story: I ALMOST became a Cyclone fan after driving by a billboard in eastern Iowa that had Greg McDermott on it. Powerful, powerful stuff.

Why did I know you would post something on here?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

Why is an SEC fan constantly on our board? It's beyond weird. Feel free to change your name to Cyclonelander.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0edCAOkdXgU]simpsons clown college - YouTube[/ame]

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx

He didn't say they would switch because of a billboard, he said that not having them in the area as much would cause fewer fair weather fans. You disagree that some bandwagoners might jump ship in the K.C. area? Not real fans like yourself, mind you, fair weather types.

Mizzoulander

Sep 28, 2011
He didn't say they would switch because of a billboard, he said that not having them in the area as much would cause fewer fair weather fans. You disagree that some bandwagoners might jump ship in the K.C. area? Not real fans like yourself, mind you, fair weather types.

There ARE no fair-weather Missouri fans. Because there is no fair weather.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron