Illinois matchup

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
We play a slightly above average offense performance combo normal defense this is a 10 point win easy. On a collision course with the U cons

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneSpinning
Mar 26, 2024
We play a slightly above average offense performance combo normal defense this is a 10 point win easy. On a collision course with the U cons
I could see this. The only thing is Illinois is now playing a LOT better than they were even a few weeks ago. This will be an interesting game. I frankly would not be surprised by a variety of outcomes tbh but my gut says ISU in a close one.

Reactions: exCYtable

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I could see this. The only thing is Illinois is now playing a LOT better than they were even a few weeks ago. This will be an interesting game. I frankly would not be surprised by a variety of outcomes tbh but my gut says ISU in a close one.

The same could be said for ISU including my feelings for the outcome. IL's length and explosiveness could be tricky.

ISU slogged through some wins, lost at KSU then had a hard correction for the B12 tourney and have played some very complete ball.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
T

This was my thought I had typed out but never hit enter a bit ago. I had seen on youtube comments someone point out how Illinois has started playing better defense and they'll be locked to play 40 minutes. Ehhh, I disagree with that. Sure, they can play a little better defense, but to be locked in 40 minutes balls to the wall is a mentality that ISU possesses. You can't just flip a switch and them be all worldly all of a sudden.

Yeah, I hope refs do not dictate the outcome of this game. We have depth, but Lipsey and Gilbert can't get in foul trouble.
One of the most basic attributes of Iowa States defense is its CUMULATIVE EFFECT. they grind you down, man. You will say you're going to be locked in for 40, but the second 20 of that is going to feel like another 40.

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
I can’t listen to anymore national or local podcasts regarding this game. Every single one of them brings up the tip time like it’s the first year this is happening. Does everyone have the memory of a goldfish? It’s been like this since at least 2012. Sorry I know this has been discussed and it is late but it’s driving me insane for some reason that everyone seems to think this is new.

Rant over.
THAT'S your biggest problematic takeaway you've gotten???

I gotta listen to whatever you're listening to, because I'm pretty sure we're playing the Golden State Warriors tomorrow based on what I'm hearing!

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
SIAP. Cant keep up with everything that's been posted. This breakdown by Mike LaTulip is really good IMO. He makes some points I haven't heard anyone else bring up. ISU matchup talk starts around the 20 minute mark.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I think defense is in your DNA and not something you can turn on for 1 game.
Ilini are good but the ONLY thing that concerns me is whistle happy refs calling phantom & ticky tack fouls
ISU 74-UI 68
If they call the cheap variety consistently then we are done, well maybe not done but it will make things a lot harder than they already are. I am bracing myself for it. We all remember the crap calls in the Michigan State game. The refs screwed us so bad in the second round against Ohio State a few years ago that Charles Barkley had to call them out in the studio.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I personally like to see Houston lose. The reasons go back to the coach when he was at Oklahoma and especially at Indiana. I know too much about his recruiting ways to every be able to root for him...ever.

Meh most of the stuff I know about, wouldn't even be a violation today. ( not sure if there are any violations anymore:oops:)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron