Gut Wrenching

Nov 23, 2008
Norwalk via Marshalltown
What a game you guys played today! I know you don't believe it or don't care but you had more than just ISU fans pulling for you to win today. I stuck around the Front Row after the Iowa game and there was a good 40-50 people that hung around and watched your game, and all but a small handful of those were cheering for you guys to win, including myself. I kind of lost hope there when you guys went down 14 points but when your O drove down for 7 and then a quick special teams play gets you another 7 it was unreal.

As for the final play, it was a great call, and the play was there. Unfortunately the execution left a little more to be desired, but hey, thats a call that makes a coach look like a genius when it works and like a fool when it doesn't. However, in this case, even though it didn't work Rhoads still looked like a genius making that call.

Anyway, there are still two games ahead of you, and bowl eligibility is on the line. Colorado just lost to a horrid Kansas team, and if you play Mizzou at home like you just played Nebby there is a good chance of taking that too. Here's to two more wins! Go get 'em!

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Thanks. Good to know there's good Iowa-folk out there still.

I think ISU wins out. I really do.

moforisu

Jun 12, 2006
What a game you guys played today! I know you don't believe it or don't care but you had more than just ISU fans pulling for you to win today. I stuck around the Front Row after the Iowa game and there was a good 40-50 people that hung around and watched your game, and all but a small handful of those were cheering for you guys to win, including myself. I kind of lost hope there when you guys went down 14 points but when your O drove down for 7 and then a quick special teams play gets you another 7 it was unreal.

As for the final play, it was a great call, and the play was there. Unfortunately the execution left a little more to be desired, but hey, thats a call that makes a coach look like a genius when it works and like a fool when it doesn't. However, in this case, even though it didn't work Rhoads still looked like a genius making that call.

Anyway, there are still two games ahead of you, and bowl eligibility is on the line. Colorado just lost to a horrid Kansas team, and if you play Mizzou at home like you just played Nebby there is a good chance of taking that too. Here's to two more wins! Go get 'em!

He sounds like a cyclone fan in an undercover username. No true hawk would say these things, your an embarrassment to hawkeye nation. Shame on you!:yes: