Fraschilla vs KU

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
To be fair, all of you watch the Kansas games. Some of your game threads on KU games are longer than the game threads on KU sites full of whines about the refs. KU fans rarely watch your games. I don't even get ESNPU or ESPN News so I haven't been able to see many ISU games this year. Maybe we'd have more examples primed and ready if we tuned in to watch you play more.
There are 8 other teams in the big 12.
Perhaps the passionate nature of KU fans is a different passion, and is limited to one team and one team only. Those fans tend to project the belief that there is only one team worth watching.

Then there are the passionate fans of basketball on this board that watch games even when our team is not playing. *gasp*

There are a lot of games out there, and KU only plays in a fraction of them. How sad to be so limited.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Yeah, it did appear the the officials in Manhattan were going out of their way to rectify the missed traveling call in Lawrence.

In Lawrence, KU got the benefit of a bad call and won. In Manhattan, KSU got the benefit of bad calls and lost. Winners win, losers make excuses.

You mean kind of like a certain Kansas-Villanova game you keep whining about?

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
To be fair, all of you watch the Kansas games. Some of your game threads on KU games are longer than the game threads on KU sites full of whines about the refs. KU fans rarely watch your games. I don't even get ESNPU or ESPN News so I haven't been able to see many ISU games this year. Maybe we'd have more examples primed and ready if we tuned in to watch you play more.

Well when you're constantly the 1 seed, I can see why you don't care about the rest of the conference. However, the rest of us are wrangling for seeding, and it's extremly fun to watch play out. All I'll tell you it's that if you just stick to KU games, you're missing out on some fun basketball. Your loss.

Also, I fully respect you and what you bring to the table. Don't cling on to this Champ idiot, it really lessens what you bring here.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
And yet you've shown no evidence at all of any bad calls against KU period. The WVU one is probably close, but not enough to show you got "screwed over". The Villanova one is just hilarious. It's a video of Graham fouling someone else, plain and simple. Yet, there are SO MANY instances of KU benefiting from calls at the end of games, where the national media has picked it up and talked about it at length. There's a huge difference, and the fact that you can't see it proves that you're not even looking.
Not only is he fouling somebody, he's throwing his body sideways into somebody's knees. If a defensive back did that in the NFL, a guard would knock him on his @ss the next play after the whistle and the refs would turn a cheek. If it happened in the NHL, a goon would forecheck the jerk and a teammate would weakly come to Graham's defense knowing that he had acted like a dirty little weasel. Graham and his ugly haircut should have been thrown in the penalty box for his own protection.

• Winner
Reactions: CloneLawman

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
There are 8 other teams in the big 12.
Perhaps the passionate nature of KU fans is a different passion, and is limited to one team and one team only. Those fans tend to project the belief that there is only one team worth watching.

Then there are the passionate fans of basketball on this board that watch games even when our team is not playing. *gasp*

There are a lot of games out there, and KU only plays in a fraction of them. How sad to be so limited.
You misunderstood. I watch games that do not have KU in them (far too many frankly). But ISU has had a number of games on ESPNU and ESPN News and I do not subscribe to those channels. Your last three games on ESPN and ESPN2 have been versus Kansas State, Oklahoma and Texas. Odds are there were games between ranked teams on at the same time that were more appealing to me than those match ups. The ESPN schedule makers haven't been kind to ISU this year.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
And yet you've shown no evidence at all of any bad calls against KU period. The WVU one is probably close, but not enough to show you got "screwed over". The Villanova one is just hilarious. It's a video of Graham fouling someone else, plain and simple. Yet, there are SO MANY instances of KU benefiting from calls at the end of games, where the national media has picked it up and talked about it at length. There's a huge difference, and the fact that you can't see it proves that you're not even looking.
ISU has two games they whine about incessantly, the EJ/Niang dog pile call and the dead ball three call. One is what, four years old and one is more than a decade old. And the dead ball call wasn't at the end of the game. KU has the Staten travel at West Virginia call and odds are that if I polled a KU board someone would come up with another late game call in the last 10 years. You see things how you want to see them.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You misunderstood. I watch games that do not have KU in them (far too many frankly). But ISU has had a number of games on ESPNU and ESPN News and I do not subscribe to those channels. Your last three games on ESPN and ESPN2 have been versus Kansas State, Oklahoma and Texas. Odds are there were games between ranked teams on at the same time that were more appealing to me than those match ups. The ESPN schedule makers haven't been kind to ISU this year.

How can you be a college basketball fan and not subscribe to the U?

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Number of KU games on ESPNU this year? Zero. There are enough quality games on the ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, CBS, FoxSports, Big 10, SEC channels that I already pay for that the expense is unjustified.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
1) I "misunderstood" nothing. The conversation was about teams (including, but not limited to ISU) being on the negative end of game-changing calls at the end of games. You chose to make it about ISU with your unsubtle ESPNU & ESPNnews comment when I mentioned the 8 other big 12 teams. You have a long-standing habit of actively working to change the focus of many threads to KU.

2) Those two games you reference are brought up whenever you and your compadres start complaining about all the bad calls KU gets. You might also notice that often, our MSU game is also brought up, along with questionable calls in other sports.

3) I mentioned 8 other teams in the Big 12. You will see ISU posters on here commenting about Big 12 games and starting threads about them...when NEITHER ISU or KU is playing. We even start threads and talk about games outside the Big 12.

4) Games between less entitled teams can often prove to be more interesting that blue blood games, as they have to rely more on skill and less on refs. Being highly ranked will not necessarily guarantee an interesting game (Wisconsin, are you listening???). You are depriving yourself of a lot of entertaining basketball when you only watch games between teams YOU deem "interesting". I guess it's a good thing ESPN doesn't consult you.

This is an ISU message board. And although we talk about other teams/games and even praise other teams/coaches, KU is rarely one of the ones praised. Likewise, UI Hawkeyes are rarely praised. There's a reason for that. With the exception of the Cave trolls, the majority of the trolls on this site are from those two fan bases. If you're looking for sunshine pumpers for KU, you might be better served elsewhere.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Kansas doucher, like all Kansas douchers is a basketball connoisseur my good man. He cannot be bothered with inferior teams playing inferior games on inferior channels. That would be gauche.

ChampFantana

Jan 30, 2009
Just out of curiosity, name the last time a late game controversial call went against KU, and helped the other team win the game.

Hate to do this because it sounds like whining, but you asked so here goes.

Last year against Villanova. I wouldn't say it caused KU to lose but it definitely helped Villanova. KU was down by 2 with the ball with less than a minute on the clock. Graham splits a double team at half court, gets tripped, falls and in the process of trying to recollect the ball gets called for a foul. So instead of KU shooting FT's with the opportunity to tie, Villanova has the ball. Plus it was Graham's 5th foul.

You mean kind of like a certain Kansas-Villanova game you keep whining about?

Posted the previous quotes to help Snoop keep up.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Posted the previous quotes to help Snoop keep up.
Note that the aforementioned call has been displayed in several videos, and there was no consensus as to the accuracy of the call. Here's a hint - not many agreed with Champ here that it was an egregious error on the part of the refs...

ChampFantana

Jan 30, 2009
I actually think he legitimately doesn't like Kansas, and he obviously loves Iowa State. Its fantastic.

I'd say that like many people, Fran roots for and favors the underdog. KU is never the underdog. Fran started covering the Big 12 in 2005, the first year of KU's streak. KU winning is all he's seen as an announcer. I'm sure he'd prefer to see a different ending than the one he's seen over and over.

KU's streak ending would probably be good for the health of the Big 12. I'm certainly not going to root for it to happen but there will be a silver lining when it does.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron