SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
readImage.asp

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Too much logo and not enough video when its all said and done IMO

They had to ask for more money just to get this much done. I'm guessing asking for another couple million for a bigger video portion probably would've just been grand.

I don't think you realize how much video board is there. Hint: It's ******* massive.

Reactions: MidwestZest

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
If the video board was any bigger it would look stupid.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008

Well ****. I am emailing JP that this new board just isn't good enough and that they need to tear that POS down and start over. I will be sending my 10 million check along with my complaint.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
While I too am thinking and feeling the same thing, the videoboard in the north endzone in square feet sense, is more than 5 times the size of the videoboard in the south endzone.

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
Gotta do something with the space unless you knock down the Jacobson Building so it spans the supports.

Totally agree, I'm just not sure what would look "better"...

It looks far better than the previous one, so I'm hoping it's sounds that much better as well. Overall I won't complain - just proportionally it seems off, to each their own.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Trust me guys Im not complaining whatsoever. I love the new video board. I just dont understand why were gonna have two huge logos next to it. Instead why not just make the videoboard even bigger? I havent seen it yet and cant wait to when I make it up for Oct. 1st and Nov. 5th.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
While I too am thinking and feeling the same thing, the videoboard in the north endzone in square feet sense, is more than 5 times the size of the videoboard in the south endzone.

Id be interested to see what the 'actual' video space is once you remove the advertising on the sides. The south board has that as permanent fixtures so its not a direct comparison. Obviously the current one is larger, but it does cut into the space.

I hope several years down the road the structure can be used to just make the video go at least one more section in each direction, if not the entire length of the structure.

C

CyBer

You guys who havent seen the video board don't know how big the thing is.

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Trust me guys Im not complaining whatsoever. I love the new video board. I just dont understand why were gonna have two huge logos next to it. Instead why not just make the videoboard even bigger? I havent seen it yet and cant wait to when I make it up for Oct. 1st and Nov. 5th.
Doubling the size of a board that is already huge, seems like overkill to me. Not to mention doubling the price.

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
Id be interested to see what the 'actual' video space is once you remove the advertising on the sides. The south board has that as permanent fixtures so its not a direct comparison. Obviously the current one is larger, but it does cut into the space.

I hope several years down the road the structure can be used to just make the video go at least one more section in each direction, if not the entire length of the structure.

On top of that you have the game clock, score, time outs, down and distance, etc... that all need space.

Unless you have the video board at Kaufman Stadium, the actually game play video could be condensed to half the size of the board.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I just dont understand why were gonna have two huge logos next to it. Instead why not just make the videoboard even bigger?
It costs money? A lot of it?

Plus if it gets much bigger, you have to make it taller or it looks really out of proportion (not the normal 16:9 HD display), therefore making it even more expensive.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron