Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Help

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I started to get into the Beatles when I was 12. Shortly thereafter, Lennon was shot and killed. Even after 43 years, I still listen to them often. Their guitar lines/riffs, hooks, melodies, harmonies, very creative, some of the best ever. They inspired countless other bands. By the end, they had 3 great song writers in the same band. For the poll, I left off their early years and started with 1965, the year their music started to expand and change. I appreciate and love all of their albums, but for me the favorite is Abbey Road. Perfection, start to finish.

JimmyChitwood

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 3, 2015
Southern Iowa
I have my late mother's 1963 Meet The Beatles album. At one time she owned everyone of them. Amazing music from era.

Reactions: Angie

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
They're all so, so good. It's usually the one that I've heard the most recently and right now that's Sgt Peppers.

David Freshman1982

Sep 14, 2022
Definitely Rubber Soul, that's what I voted for. But Sgt Pepper deserves more love, one of the first ever "theme" albums and an absolute groundbreaker back in the day. It'd get my runner-up vote.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
I voted Rubber Soul but I am particularly enamored by the original Capitol US version of the album.

Even though it was not what the Beatles intended, almost by accident Capitol created a more cohesive sounding offering.

Hard to not vote White Album or Abbey Road though...

Reactions: cyclones500

Entropy

Oct 27, 2008
Cedar Rapids, IA
Team Abbey Road for sure.
It's a trip to watch the Beatles documentary, Get Back, if you haven't yet.
Watching those classic songs come out of those guys just hanging out in a warehouse and music studio is just fascinating to watch.

• Agree
Reactions: MeanDean

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
I voted Abbey Road (one of my first albums) but it could also be Rubber Soul, Revolver, or Sgt. Pepper--all great.

I also like their early albums.

Last edited:

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Sgt Peppers although I don't "love" that track, I love the album.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
As a Fab Four Fanatic, not an easy choice.

Among the options available, I selected "Revolver," but it's almost a tie w/ White Album.

In a way I consider Revolver the quintessential of the mid-period, still performing as a unit as songwriters/true collaborators, and love the sound of the '66-ish Beatles ... I don't love every song on it, but my goodness it still resonates to my ears.

My "favorite" is probably white album, because it's so expansive/sprawling. Abbey Road is almost like two albums, production is stellar. Sgt. Pepper is kind of a "mood" situation for me, as is Rubber Soul (its "campfire/folky" vibe was a definite new direction for the band and it's probably underrated in that regard.

Mead For My Horses

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
Great Poll! I had the greatest hits collections 64-67 & 67-70 on 8 track through the record club (I'm that old).

I voted Rubber Soul but Revolver is right there too for me. To me, Help to Magical Mystery Tour is their peak.

I know this will be controversial, but beginning with The White Album, I think they were either getting bored or thought they could do no wrong, because I think the rest of their albums were real uneven. A couple classics on each album and some stuff I can't listen too.

cyzygy11

Oct 27, 2007
Cherokee, Iowa
I agree with some of the others, in that Revolver and Rubber Soul are really close for me. I voted for Revolver, but I always reach for the other when I feel like listening to something a little more melodic. And in the end, there really is no wrong answer; The Beatles are the best.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
As a Fab Four Fanatic, not an easy choice.

Among the options available, I selected "Revolver," but it's almost a tie w/ White Album.

In a way I consider Revolver the quintessential of the mid-period, still performing as a unit as songwriters/true collaborators, and love the sound of the '66-ish Beatles ... I don't love every song on it, but my goodness it still resonates to my ears.

My "favorite" is probably white album, because it's so expansive/sprawling. Abbey Road is almost like two albums, production is stellar. Sgt. Pepper is kind of a "mood" situation for me, as is Rubber Soul (its "campfire/folky" vibe was a definite new direction for the band and it's probably underrated in that regard.
The biggest mistake the Beatles made was not putting Penny Lane/Strawberry Fields on St Pepper. It is already a great album, but with those two on it, man, one of the best ever from anyone. My only complaint about St Peppers is the guitars are faint in some of tracks. There is great guitar work on the album for sure, I just wished they would have pushed them more forward in the mix. For example, this was noticeable to me when I saw Rain, a Beatles tribute band, play Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds. In the live setting, George's psychedelic guitar that fades in and out in the song sounded awesome, really added to the song. In the album mix, you hear it, but it is not as prominant. Check it out here where it is isolated (3:36)
But, I am nit picking of course.