F*CK IOWA

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Not sure. I have a hard time believing ISU would be interested in Iowa WR castoffs. TEs maybe. But not WRs.
Bostick is such an unknown and has potential. Every time it seemed he was going to get a shot, he would get injured.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Jerriann was asking some kids theirs name on the news at noon on WHO as she was at the Science Center and one said "Kinnick". WTF??? Wonder if his dad is "Hawkeyes on my Belly". I can see your pets but your kid?

• Wow
Reactions: aauummm

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Jerriann was asking some kids theirs name on the news at noon on WHO as she was at the Science Center and one said "Kinnick". WTF??? Wonder if his dad is "Hawkeyes on my Belly". I can see your pets but your kid?
You misheard. He said Clinic. Named after the place where mom got the shots to clear up the HWKSTD.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I posted some of this on the random fire thread already, but Iowa can kiss my a$$!

Son’s graduation with around 1,100 graduates at the 1:00 ceremony. No pomp & circumstance, no marching in down the steps, CHA was (and will always be a toilet) hot inside, trying to park was a disaster. We ended up parking just west of Kinnick. The walk between the indoor track facility and the baseball field did smell like an actual sewer. They wouldn’t allow purses, so I ended up taking three back to our car. Struck up a couple conversations with some folks and warned a couple gals about the no purse policy on my walks. They caught back up to me and thanked me for the forewarning.

The presenter made a couple jokes about Ames/ISU. Showed a video with Queen CC and Iowa Football. . Some professor read from 4 pieces of paper he had in front of him. Really a head scratcher on what he was try to get across. The program did not have any of the graduates names on it. Grads just walked across the stage and shooks hands with some dignitary and sat back down.

After about 45 minutes or so the presenter said I want to leave you with two words…( I wanted to yell SUCK IT), but she said, “Go Hawks!” No, “I present to you the class of 2024!”, no, playing of the Iowa Fight Song. The whole ceremony just left a lot to be desired. I normally wear ISU apparel whenever I go to IC, but refrained as it was our son’s day.

I’ve got one more trip there and that is to help move him back home, after that I have no desire to ever go back, maybe except to go to Big Grove, of which they were out of their Double BlackBerry. They did give college grads an “Eddy Pack”, which was pretty cool of them to do.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I posted some of this on the random fire thread already, but Iowa can kiss my a$$!

Son’s graduation with around 1,100 graduates at the 1:00 ceremony. No pomp & circumstance, no marching in down the steps, CHA was (and will always be a toilet) hot inside, trying to park was a disaster. We ended up parking just west of Kinnick. The walk between the indoor track facility and the baseball field did smell like an actual sewer. They wouldn’t allow purses, so I ended up taking three back to our car. Struck up a couple conversations with some folks and warned a couple gals about the no purse policy on my walks. They caught back up to me and thanked me for the forewarning.

The presenter made a couple jokes about Ames/ISU. Showed a video with Queen CC and Iowa Football. . Some professor read from 4 pieces of paper he had in front of him. Really a head scratcher on what he was try to get across. The program did not have any of the graduates names on it. Grads just walked across the stage and shooks hands with some dignitary and sat back down.

After about 45 minutes or so the presenter said I want to leave you with two words…( I wanted to yell SUCK IT), but she said, “Go Hawks!” No, “I present to you the class of 2024!”, no, playing of the Iowa Fight Song. The whole ceremony just left a lot to be desired. I normally wear ISU apparel whenever I go to IC, but refrained as it was our son’s day.

I’ve got one more trip there and that is to help move him back home, after that I have no desire to ever go back, maybe except to go to Big Grove, of which they were out of their Double BlackBerry. They did give college grads an “Eddy Pack”, which was pretty cool of them to do.
This isn't all that dissimilar from our daughter's graduation from ISU last year, except our ceremony was at 7pm. Hilton was a sauna. Some weird speeches. Parking was chaos. And at the end was a hard sales job from the alumni/advancement guy asking the grads to start giving.

I think it's pretty much the expectation for the grad ceremony at most large public universities.

I do wish they'd banish those f*cking obnoxious noisemaker/horns that idiot families bring, and arrest anyone who sneaks them in. We were sitting not far from a family that used them and were loud as h*ll when their grad's name was announced, which meant that if your kid was the next one announced you had no chance of hearing their name called. Trash people.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.

Why the **** did you let your kid go to Iowa?

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Our Cyclone graduations were all fine.

Have been through many of them.

One son was at JTS. Cyclone Warning and everything. He got an MBA as well and that was in Hilton. Simon Estes sang at JTS.

Between all my siblings, kids, in-laws, nieces and nephews, probably been to 30 commencements at ISU.

Favorite commencement speaker was Clayton Anderson.

Also enjoyed the awards at various engineering departments for my boys.

I can still see the joy and relief on my parents faces when they came to mine, youngest of six. A happy memory of my mom today.

They are a relief and a joy. I even got to meet Naz one graduation weekend at WAS.

After all the money and effort, sorry you had a bad experience.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022

Weird. My graduation at ISU was over ten years ago, but I'm fairly certain there were no references to the university of Iowa or Iowa City. Honestly it would be embarrassing had there been.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

That is bad. ISUs have always been first rate and solid. Been to one at UNI and it was similar to ISU.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Both my son and my daughter graduated from Iowa State. Both commencement ceremonies were good. Better than mine in 1990. We didn’t even walk across the stage when I graduated. My daughter graduated with a BS Biology and BS Psychology. The night before commencement, LAS had a ceremony in Hilton. It was too big and similar to commencement in my opinion. My son graduated with a BS ME. The ME department had a breakfast the morning of commencement in the union. It was really good. Small and personal. Every kid spoke on stage.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
I do wish they'd banish those f*cking obnoxious noisemaker/horns that idiot families bring, and arrest anyone who sneaks them in. We were sitting not far from a family that used them and were loud as h*ll when their grad's name was announced, which meant that if your kid was the next one announced you had no chance of hearing their name called. Trash people.
I'll bet that family was wearing tigerhawk shirts...;)

Last edited:

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Our Cyclone graduations were all fine.

Have been through many of them.

One son was at JTS. Cyclone Warning and everything. He got an MBA as well and that was in Hilton. Simon Estes sang at JTS.

Between all my siblings, kids, in-laws, nieces and nephews, probably been to 30 commencements at ISU.

Favorite commencement speaker was Clayton Anderson.

Also enjoyed the awards at various engineering departments for my boys.

I can still see the joy and relief on my parents faces when they came to mine, youngest I'of six. A happy memory of my mom today.

They are a relief and a joy. I even got to meet Naz one graduation weekend at WAS.

After all the money and effort, sorry you had a bad experience.
I've not been to one. Not even my own.

I was done with classes (no finals for graduating seniors) 2 weeks before. Out of money (there was a cost for the cap and gown rental, as I recall, and I'm like, "after all the money I paid for tuition you need to charge for that?") and no job.

My time seemed better spent pounding the pavement for work.'

I have no regrets.

Last edited:

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I know a gal with both a Kinnick and a Kayden (Hayden with a "K").

Hate to say it, but lots of Kinnicks here in CR.