ESPN End of the Year Awards

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Awesome.

Got Upset of the Year and Best Game of the Year.

Of course, I can't imagine ISU-OSU not being the upset of the year.

"Best Game" truly surprises me, considering the hype of the 9-6 game. I also expected ISU's upset would be dismissed as "purely accidental" and notable only for BCS-wrench-throwing, and ignore the actual on-field entertainment that almost gets lost in the mix — it was a freaking compelling game (yes, I'm biased). (And the final minutes of U-M/Notre Dame was unreal – probably runner-up, although I didn't see the 4OT A&M-KSU game or the Stanford-USC game)

Funny thing, if someone saw that list of "finalists" in preseason, and had to guess which of the three, Tech over OU would've been, like, 90 percent of the vote. (And ISU ruined THAT upset-special, too, within a week. :smile:)

Favorite line — Flop of the Year (non-team division)
"The BCS -- So in review, every regular-season game didn't count, did it?"

Should include "Surprise Team of the Year" category. As frustrating as Farm-a-Gotten has become, K-State wins that one hands-down.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I'm glad we werent in the 'most inexplicable losses'.

cyclonefreak5

Sep 25, 2010
Ames
8. Best game of the year
The finalists:

Stanford 56, USC 48 (3 OTs) -- Watch Andrew Luck throw a crucial, potentially game-losing interception that USC returned for a TD with 3:08 left in regulation. Watch Luck drive Stanford 76 yards for the game-tying score with 38 seconds remaining. Watch Luck and USC quarterback Matt Barkley combine for 614 yards and seven touchdowns.

Kansas State 53, Texas A&M 50 (4 OTs) -- Collin Klein accounted for six K-State TDs in the comeback win.

North Carolina State 56, Maryland 41 -- I repeat: the Wolfpack scored 42 consecutive points in less than 21 minutes.

Michigan 35, Notre Dame 31 -- Hail, Denard Robinson, who threw the game-winning TD pass with 2 seconds left to play. Hail, coach Brady Hoke for going for the win instead of the game-tying field goal.

TCU 36, Boise State 35 -- For the second year in a row, a missed field goal cost the Broncos a chance at an undefeated season and a possible BCS championship run.

Iowa State 37, Oklahoma State 31 (2 OTs) -- The night OSU's national championship hopes ended.

Kentucky 10, Tennessee 7 -- The Wildcats broke a 26-game losing streak to UT -- and did it with a wide receiver making his first college start at quarterback.

LSU 9, Alabama 6 (OT) -- Just kidding.

The winner: Iowa State over Oklahoma State.

haha i just lost it when i read that

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL