EA Sports NCAA Football game

JimDogRock

Feb 21, 2010
Cedar Falls
My advice is always if you're going to play with someone get what they have, and if that isn't a concern Xbox's game pass is the best bang for your buck that you can get by a long shot right now, especially if you're playing sports games. EA puts older versions of their games and the MLB game is on it.
This is great advice. Adding one more thing - controller.
I haven't touched a PS5 controller, so if I was going to buy a new console then I would need to test how the controller feels.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
This is great advice. Adding one more thing - controller.
I haven't touched a PS5 controller, so if I was going to buy a new console then I would need to test how the controller feels.
Controller feel is why I like the Xbox better. It just feels much better in your hand. PS5 is alright but just doesn’t feel as natural.

• Agree
Reactions: Agclone91

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
This is a tough spot for me 'cuz I'm pretty sure there's not a PC version (even though there is for Madden). I don't really wanna buy a console just for sports games, but I could... I don't know which one though. Xbox would probably integrate to my PC accounts better, plus game pass is handy for sports stuff...

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
This is a tough spot for me 'cuz I'm pretty sure there's not a PC version (even though there is for Madden). I don't really wanna buy a console just for sports games, but I could... I don't know which one though. Xbox would probably integrate to my PC accounts better, plus game pass is handy for sports stuff...
Xbox Series S is your cheapest option. Get them for less than $200 used on eBay

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Xbox Series S is your cheapest option. Get them for less than $200 used on eBay
That's what I was leaning towards initially. I gotta check with a couple friends first who I think already have PS5s though. In a past life, I was pretty strict PlayStation guy.

I thought about getting a Series X since I've got a 4KTV too, but I'm not sure it'll really matter for these particular games.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
That's what I was leaning towards initially. I gotta check with a couple friends first who I think already have PS5s though. In a past life, I was pretty strict PlayStation guy.

I thought about getting a Series X since I've got a 4KTV too, but I'm not sure it'll really matter for these particular games.
Cross Play is in the game. So doesn't matter what system you play.

Reactions: Mr Janny

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ

Get the PS5, i was Xbox up until I got a PS4, never have looked back. way more powerful and overall better machine.

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
So in that entire 2:00 video, was there any shots of the actual gameplay? Seemed it was all entrance videos and replay highlight style. What does the game look like when you’re actually running a play?
You’ll also notice the small print at the beginning “not all images appear in game.”

But the Kinnick Wave got in there …

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Get the PS5, i was Xbox up until I got a PS4, never have looked back. way more powerful and overall better machine.
The difference in the current gen is so insignificant that the price, ecosystem and games are what you should decide on. (not counting the Xbox Series S obvious downgrade)

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
You’ll also notice the small print at the beginning “not all images appear in game.”

But the Kinnick Wave got in there …

How hard would it have been to show someone running a play? I don’t care about the cutaway videos that they’re showing in all of this, they tend to annoy me more than anything. I just want to see if the gameplay is like the ‘14 version or more like Madden. Cause the games played completely different before.

Reactions: KidSilverhair

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
With all the team entrances in that trailer, I hope the honor before victory plaque makes its way into the game.