EA Sports NCAA Football game

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
They haven't monetized Madden Franchise mode yet. The existing micro transactions are related to Ultimate Team mode, but they've left franchise mode alone.
I haven't played the console version in probably a decade but the mobile version on my iPad was absolutely killer until they micro-transactioned the **** out of it. I'd rather pay $50 for a game and have it at that rather than pay $10 and then have to buy player packs, events, etc. I know people that spent well over $2K each year just to have a team competitive in league mode.

They really ****** you by the players all starting out as crap stats versions and each week or month releasing progressively better versions of each player throughout the entire season. So in order to remain competitive at any given time, you had to buy a lot to build a team and keep buying new versions of those same players every time they "leveled up". All for it to reset the next season.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I haven't played the console version in probably a decade but the mobile version on my iPad was absolutely killer until they micro-transactioned the **** out of it. I'd rather pay $50 for a game and have it at that rather than pay $10 and then have to buy player packs, events, etc. I know people that spent well over $2K each year just to have a team competitive in league mode.

They really ****** you by the players all starting out as crap stats versions and each week or month releasing progressively better versions of each player throughout the entire season. So in order to remain competitive at any given time, you had to buy a lot to build a team and keep buying new versions of those same players every time they "leveled up". All for it to reset the next season.
I've never played Madden mobile. Is it free to play or do you have to buy it?

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I've never played Madden mobile. Is it free to play or do you have to buy it?
Free to play, but so restricted it's so frustrating and not worth it unless you want to pay. You can play solo games against the AI but to do any sort of league, pvp, events, etc you had to do so much work and spend so much money. I will never tell my wife how much I spent the first year they added micro-transactions before I realized how much I had spent over the year looking back.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
EA is looking at putting in-game ads in AAA games

EA CEO Andrew Wilson confirmed the company is considering putting ads in traditional AAA games — titles that players purchase up-front for around $70 apiece. In the Q&A part of EA’s latest earnings call, Eric Sheridan from Goldman Sachs asked Wilson about dynamic ad insertion in traditional AAA games. Wilson said, "…Advertising has an opportunity to be a meaningful driver of growth for us." He then continued, "…we have teams internally in the company right now looking at how we do very thoughtful implementations inside of our game experiences."

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
EA is looking at putting in-game ads in AAA games

EA CEO Andrew Wilson confirmed the company is considering putting ads in traditional AAA games — titles that players purchase up-front for around $70 apiece. In the Q&A part of EA’s latest earnings call, Eric Sheridan from Goldman Sachs asked Wilson about dynamic ad insertion in traditional AAA games. Wilson said, "…Advertising has an opportunity to be a meaningful driver of growth for us." He then continued, "…we have teams internally in the company right now looking at how we do very thoughtful implementations inside of our game experiences."

This doesn't bother me if it's just something in the background like signs in the stadium as you're playing. Would be annoying if it's like Youtube where you have to watch an ad before jumping between screens or something.

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
MVP Baseball 2005 is the GOAT of video baseball games, but their Owner Mode always made me chuckle because the game asked you to buy (fake) advertisements inside your created stadium to, and I quote, “spruce up the ballpark.” So if you wanted advertising billboards on the walls of your field, you had to pay for them, instead of your team earning money for selling advertising space.

This talk of (real) in-game advertisements just made me think of that.

Maybe they’ll throw in the coveted TD-commercial-extra point-commercial-kickoff-commercial trifecta to make you feel like it’s a real college football game.

Reactions: Nothingman

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
This doesn't bother me if it's just something in the background like signs in the stadium as you're playing. Would be annoying if it's like Youtube where you have to watch an ad before jumping between screens or something.
Doesn't bother me, until they realize they can put commercial breaks in during the game just like in real life.

Reactions: PickSix

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Doesn't bother me, until they realize they can put commercial breaks in during the game just like in real life.
Same....totally cool if there are stadium ads or drops within normal play...heck, that would actually be a cool way to target marketing (like Case IH could legit pay for space for those playing in certain IP address ranges).
But correct, DO NOT want tv timeouts to be real or as another poster said the Youtube style of "watch this" ads.

Reactions: Jer

cloneclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2018
It's EA. I can almost promise you it will be a Madden Reskin.
I would normally agree with you, and probably on the field it's going to be similar (same physics engine). But it sounds like everything else surrounding is built from the ground up. Sounds way more in depth than Madden (Multiple broadcast teams, create a team, hundreds of playbooks that are supposedly team specific, etc).

Also sounds like they've spent a good time around the college environments and putting detail into that. As long as they don't screw up recruiting and the transfer portal, I have moderately high hopes.

Then again... EA

• Optimistic
Reactions: 3TrueFans