Dreams

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
This reminds me.. Has anyone heard of "the man" that thousands of people have supposedly seen in their dreams? (I'm not going to post a picture because it would just further the hoax, and I'm sure many people know what I'm talking about).

Supposedly, all of these people (who have no connection to each other) have seen the same man in a dream. After doing some digging I found that it was a marketing tactic. The reason I'm mentioning is that there may be a horror movie coming out based on this "man". Could potentially be a very interesting movie. Especially if they try to make it seem like a true story.

Is this "the man" you're referring to?
fk.jpg

CYme

Dec 6, 2011
Pella, IA
Echoing several others here, the "forgotten class schedule" is among my common recurring dreams, and I've been out of school for 25 years. (I don't have the dream as often as I did for a few years after graduating, thought).

Closest to my version of this dream is Wesley's. It's around mid-term, and I realize I somehow completely forgot to attend one of my classes. Panic ensues.

Crap, I'm only 32. I have a long time to deal with this exact nightmare.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
our minds must work similarly! The tornado one always shows up when I'm under a lot of stress - that or teeth crumbling/falling out. In the tornado ones, I'll be trying to get to a basement or get away and it's like I'm just running on a treadmill - moving but not going anywhere!

Ugh, the college final one.

Before we got married, I would have dreams where we were getting ready for the wedding, but things would start going wrong and I'd realize we were going to be late - now it happens about getting to work on time or some important event.

That unreachable destination one happens to me too.

for the people that mention the screaming/whisper dreams - those sound like a form of sleep paralysis, have had that a few times too. It's awful - you feel like you are screaming at the top of your lungs but can't do anything. And you usually feel like you can't move, either. Those have woken my husband up - I'm making tiny little "scared" sounds in my sleep so now he knows to wake me up during one of those.

Excellent point on the screaming/whisper, connected to sleep paralysis. I think that's a similar situation with "trying to run, but can't" dreams.

Strange thing about my tornado dreams, opposite of yours happening during stressful times -- mine have typically happened during periods of contentment, for some reason.

:unsure: Maybe it's "calm before the storm."

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
I've had two ones in a row these past two nights that I remember. One bad (the first) one good (the second). Both about the same thing. Let's see what happens tonight.

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
Yeah, I also do the "forgotten class until test time." I also have a lot of the same people- not necessarily people I actually know, just random people- in a lot of different dreams in all types of "roles."

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I've been out of school over 30 years and still get a dream where I'm in the dorms but have bought no books and have no idea what my class schedule is.

Holy ****. I have only read to this post, so far, but I have the exact same dreams. Weird.

EDIT: Seems I'm not the only one. My dreams about this are of me walking aimlessly around campus. It's like I don't know my schedule. I am walking around amidst a sea of people who all seem to know where they are going. I always end up on the bottom floor of some old building. By the time I get there, it's very quiet...nobody around...and I find myself in front of a big door. When I open the door, it's again quite hectic. A lot of people and papers flying around. I don't know what anyone is doing, but I know why I'm there, and that's to get my schedule.

For the record, I'm almost 40, and this is freaking me out. I must have done something very wrong.

Last edited:

Gtown25

Oct 12, 2011
Grinnell, IA
I can't watch the Walking Dead because I will then dream about trying to survive a zombie apocalypse.. I dont need that extra stress. I'm stressed out enough when I'm awake lol.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Thought of one recurring dream that I have (though the setting changes). Wherever I am at, I am looking desperately for a bathroom, but either can't find one or they're occupied, have no doors or something. Anyway, the deeper psychological meaning is that I have to pee.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
58 and I still occasionally have the missed class dream. Mine usually is that it was two simultaneously scheduled classes and I could only go to one so I sort of forgot all about the other one and now it's finals and I'm screwed.

I also recently had the one where you can't get from where you are to where you need to be. Mine was work related. I used to work in sort of a labyrinth of buildings and my office was at one end. I'd be trying to get through tunnels and stairwells and confronting non-working elevators throughout the dream.

I also used to occasionally dream that I could take very long and high strides such that I could cover a lot of ground very fast - even leaping over fences and streams if I had to.

And now that I'm getting older I have this dream. You guys have this to look forward to when you get older, so pay attention. You are somewhere and have to urinate. You can't find a rest room, or if you do it's closed or not working. This continues with variations until you wake up and realize you have to ****. One of the fun side affects of having to get up and go in the night as you get older.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Thought of one recurring dream that I have (though the setting changes). Wherever I am at, I am looking desperately for a bathroom, but either can't find one or they're occupied, have no doors or something. Anyway, the deeper psychological meaning is that I have to pee.
I've had a similar experience before. I've also had the dream that I am peeing and then I wake up in the middle of it unsure if it was real or a dream. So far it's been confined to my dreams, but man, that scares the hell outta me for a second.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I have this one frequently that I'm still at my former job and scheduled to at my former and current job at the same time , then I wake up and realize that my former job isn't even in business anymore.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Also in general I usually have bad dreams, what I would give to have where I'm at a sunny beach with miss Upton.:smile:

no2cyclones

Mariner Moose
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I also used to occasionally dream that I could take very long and high strides such that I could cover a lot of ground very fast - even leaping over fences and streams if I had to.

I've had this one, as well, including jumping/flying large distances, as well. Weird.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
A cool aspect of a few dreams, at least for me: Some have extensive backstories, like you've been thrown into the middle of a plot, but I have memories of things and knowledge of "characters" within the dream itself.

It would be one thing if it was a recurring dream or dreams that are close to real-life occurrences. But every once in a while my brain is not only making up a scene as it goes, but it's creating stuff that led up to it "pre-dream."

Not sure if I described that clearly.:smile:

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
So I remember my first nightmare. It boiled down to a guy who lived under our stairs who had no face, wore a top hat, and didn't walk, but crawled.

So fast forward 30+ years, and TPTB at Doctor Who decided to make these the villain in last year's season finale.

timthumb.php

Are you bleepin' kidding me?!?!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron