*** Cyclone Fanatic Cereal Tournament: Elite Eight ***

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Cinnamon toast vs Cap'n crunch in the final 4 the actual championship?

I'd argue its lucky charms vs crunch berries.

Lucky Charms should have been a 1 seed, and crunch berries is superior to regular captain crunch and should have had its 1 as well.

• Informative
Reactions: CloniesForLife

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Just to be clear, here's how the Final Four matchups will be paired (w/ current scores)...

Game 1 Corn
1. Cap'n Crunch (Heart emoji) 45
3. Froot Loops (Rainbow emoji) 28

vs.

Game 1 Wheat
1. Frosted Flakes (Heart emoji) 37
2. Honey Nut Cheerios (Rainbow emoji) 33

Game 1 Rice
2. Cinnamon Toast Crunch (Heart emoji) 51
5. Apple Jacks (Rainbow emoji) 19

vs.

Game 1 Oats
2. Lucky Charms (Heart emoji) 38
4. Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries (Rainbow emoji) 31

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
I'd argue its lucky charms vs crunch berries.

Lucky Charms should have been a 1 seed, and crunch berries is superior to regular captain crunch and should have had its 1 as well.
Lucky Charms is a trash cereal that is coasting on childhood memories of marshmallows being in a cereal was somehow something tasty and not one of the worst things cereal execs ever devised.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Lucky Charms is a trash cereal that is coasting on childhood memories of marshmallows being in a cereal was somehow something tasty and not one of the worst things cereal execs ever devised.
Not sure I'd go quite that far but I'm pretty surprised that Lucky Charms is on the verge of a championship game birth. It's a classic but I didn't see it going that far. It was never one of my favorites, I think it was the gray milk that it left.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston

There's hyperbole, then there's this junk. Listen, I'm not going to pretend that I like the stuff now as an adult, but "one of the worst things cereal execs ever devised"?? If creating a top 10 most sold in the US brand is a bad thing, I guess? I'm betting those guys made out handsomely.

#7 on this list, and this random Massachusetts radio station has never steered me wrong before.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
There's hyperbole, then there's this junk. Listen, I'm not going to pretend that I like the stuff now as an adult, but "one of the worst things cereal execs ever devised"?? If creating a top 10 most sold in the US brand is a bad thing, I guess? I'm betting those guys made out handsomely.

#7 on this list, and this random Massachusetts radio station has never steered me wrong before.

I don't care how well it sells. I think marshmallows in cereals is gross. Even as a kid, I couldn't get on board with it. If I ranked the whole field of 64, it's coming in near the bottom.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I don't care how well it sells. I think marshmallows in cereals is gross. Even as a kid, I couldn't get on board with it. If I ranked the whole field of 64, it's coming in near the bottom.

No ad exec ever got rich marketing to me either!