Big Streaming News

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
It’ll eventually be season long subscriptions for each sports league. Sunday ticket, MLS pass, etc will be the only way to watch.
Agree that they don't want people to just subscribe for the season. I feel that this occurs naturally as more content is added.

I used to only subscribe to ESPN+ for FB/MBB seasons. But I didn't drop this year because I can watch PGA golf morning rounds. ESPN+ also shows a weekly MLB game.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
But an open secret is that Disney is trying to sell off/spin off ESPN. So it is telling that between Disney and Warner Discover that one of the largest brands in the world isn't in the Press Release.

That’s basically been put to bed, as Iger has said repeatedly the last year now that ESPN is one of the core pillars of the company moving forward. They just announced they are bringing ESPN to Disney+ and they are launching this joint venture with Fox and Time Warner, and next year is supposed to be ESPN Flagship.

• Winner
Reactions: Jer

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
That’s basically been put to bed, as Iger has said repeatedly the last year now that ESPN is one of the core pillars of the company moving forward. They just announced they are bringing ESPN to Disney+ and they are launching this joint venture with Fox and Time Warner, and next year is supposed to be ESPN Flagship.
Yeah, with Iger back, they're trying to leverage it's potential rather than selling off - people just haven't caught on to that change yet. Will be interesting to see what happens in a couple years when Iger rides off into the sunset again. FYI - HUGE Disney family.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Yeah, with Iger back, they're trying to leverage it's potential rather than selling off - people just haven't caught on to that change yet. Will be interesting to see what happens in a couple years when Iger rides off into the sunset again. FYI - HUGE Disney family.
Absolutely, and everyone can play the “never say never card” because someone could come in with an offer they can’t refuse or things can drastically change due to a myriad of things. But as of right now the plan to spin ESPN off has basically been put to rest.