BIG Beyond Maryland & Rutgers

Clonebey

May 13, 2012
Annapolis, MD
This guy must be the Brick Tamland of sports radio, just listing off whatever random schools he can come up with. I do think Frostburg State University would make a fine addition to the Big Ten, though.

HAHAHAHAHAHA Like half the kids from my high school played for Frostburg, prob not half but seriously my high school football coach played for the Bobcats. They have a sick lax team too, thats gotta be worth some ratings #BOBcats2B1G

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
You won't break up Virginia and VPU. They'd have to take them both.

Is VPU your personal nickname for Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University? I usually hear it called VT and their website is vt.edu.

ricochet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2008
When news corp buys the YES network and uses it as leverage.... yes.

But how does Rutgers fit in? You could get the East Central India Junior Cricket Network on NYC cable if it was tied to the YES network.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
But how does Rutgers fit in? You could get the East Central India Junior Cricket Network on NYC cable if it was tied to the YES network.

by contract, there has to be a team in the local market to charge the higher price.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
David Caplin sounds like an idiot. The only one of those schools that is a possibility is UNC. The guy is a moron if he actually thinks OU is going to go to the Big 10 - While OU would love to receive Big 10 $$$, essentially playing in the Big 10 for free because they won't be receiving Big Ten $$$ for 13 years because the old conference is getting it is a bit of a problem.
It is just as likely that NE goes back to B12 as this.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I am surprised Pac 12 is not going after Rutgers if academics is needed out West.

Vanderbilt is the smartest academic SEC team and plays football like the BIG. I think they would be a good fit. Then SEC could go get a real football team. BIG might want to absorb Tulane also.

lionnusmb

Dec 30, 2008
Ankeny, IA
Adding more crappy teams, way to go Delany. Keep diluting the already bad product. Has anyone ever asked the question, "even with all the tv sets in these areas - do the ad dollars keep coming in when no one is watching?"

Its the old adage remade: if a commercial is showed on tv and no one is around to see it, is it really aired?

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Just got an interesting DM on twitter from a friend in the Maryland Athletic Department. Said that Kansas and Virginia Tech are the next targets of the B1G and that Kansas is the most likely...

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Just got an interesting DM on twitter from a friend in the Maryland Athletic Department. Said that Kansas and Virginia Tech are the next targets of the B1G and that Kansas is the most likely...

They will do anything to try to pad themselves with wins. Now that the league is so low, they need a new bottom feeder so the other scrubs can move up.

If there is anything to this, it may have more to do with basketball.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
They're just pinging those hippies in Lawrence cause they don't really believe in all that money stuff. I honestly think they may just be probing the B12 to see how strong it is. Delaney may be interested in a lot more than the B1G -- and destabilizing the B12 would help him a lot.

Clonebey

May 13, 2012
Annapolis, MD

Yea...the guy at MD also talked to his brother friend's sister, who knows a guy that talked to a volleyball assistent connected to the Kansas program who also confirmed it...so its def happening

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
Super Conferences are already here.

But 4 16 team super conferences is not going to happen. It is not based in reality. It is based on media and bloggers wanting a nice neat system to crown a champion. But no one has ever realistically explained how we would get there. Pac12 is not expanding. They don't have anyone to add.

Plus even if the 4 big conferences are the powers, they will not have exclusive access to the playoffs. It will be harder for a team outside of those conf to play in playoffs, but one of them is in the NC game this year.

The big 4 also will not break away from NCAA and form their own division. I laugh every time I see someone make that statement. They look at this as a football only issue and the schools consider all sports even though football drives the bus.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Yea...the guy at MD also talked to his brother friend's sister, who knows a guy that talked to a volleyball assistent connected to the Kansas program who also confirmed it...so its def happening

I have never put myself out there on here when I get something from a trusted source not had it come true... So beleive what you want.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I have never put myself out there on here when I get something from a trusted source not had it come true... So beleive what you want.

So, are you putting it out there that somebody in the Big 10 wants to go after Kansas? If so, when should we hear the typical rumblings?

Or are you saying that Kansas is likely to be the next school poached by the Big 10? If so, when?

We need to know so that we can assess your claim about putting things out there that "come true."

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
So, are you putting it out there that somebody in the Big 10 wants to go after Kansas? If so, when should we hear the typical rumblings?

Or are you saying that Kansas is likely to be the next school poached by the Big 10? If so, when?

We need to know so that we can assess your claim about putting things out there that "come true."

What he put out there is exactly what he said. Kansas and Va Tech were the next targets of the Big 10 with Kansas being more likely. Not sure why that post by a reputable poster got your panties in a bunch.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
What he put out there is exactly what he said. Kansas and Va Tech were the next targets of the Big 10 with Kansas being more likely. Not sure why that post by a reputable poster got your panties in a bunch.
Reputable poster does not mean a reputable source of information on expansion. You must be desperate to see some panties if casting doubt over 4th had info (at best) is getting you so flustered Clark.

Help Support Us

Become a patron