AP moved us up #4

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
His work should have been done on the front end. If he had the charisma or gravitas associated with his position, the other members should have been looking out for him in the end.
I hear he's been kicked out of his share of JH gyms. So charisma may be a stretch.

Reactions: cycloneML

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
The NCAA selection committee forcing Iowa State to play an elite eight game against #1 UConn in Boston sure brings back memories of the NCAA selection committee forcing Iowa State to play an elite eight game against #1 Michigan State in Auburn Hills.

Welcome to Iowa State's world.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
The NCAA selection committee forcing Iowa State to play an elite eight game against #1 UConn in Boston sure brings back memories of the NCAA selection committee forcing Iowa State to play an elite eight game against #1 Michigan State in Auburn Hills.

Welcome to Iowa State's world.
If it goes the same I'll be glad I wasn't there this time around.

• Agree
Reactions: cymac2408

clone4sure

Sep 5, 2014
Honestly I think UH coach Sampson said it best, Iowa State is a really good team who can make a run to the final 4, and may win it all. so we need to go out and play our A game, each and every game. we should be able to play anywhere, anytime, against fan bases and refs to win it all. IMO there are two 1 seeds in the East, we would eventually play UConn to win it all. Lets go Iowa State !

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Honestly I think UH coach Sampson said it best, Iowa State is a really good team who can make a run to the final 4, and may win it all. so we need to go out and play our A game, each and every game. we should be able to play anywhere, anytime, against fan bases and refs to win it all. IMO there are two 1 seeds in the East, we would eventually play UConn to win it all. Lets go Iowa State !
There’s a huge difference between playing UConn in the final four and playing UConn in the elite eight in their backyard.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
Maybe they will be able to and not have to leave the room everytime ISU is discussed...
The leave rhe room thing is a constant, notice there's not more than 1 representative per conference

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
UConn got absolutely ****** over if they’re truly the #1 seeded team. They got murderer’s row in their regional bracket.

Posted this in another thread but it belongs here. If chalk wins out, UCONN would have to beat the #41 KenPom (FAU) who made the final four last year, #4 (Auburn), #5 (ISU), #6 (Arizona) or #9 (UNC), and #2 (Houston).

They might have to beat 2 Top 5 teams to get to the Final Four!

An absolute screw up by the committee for the #1 overall seed.

Reactions: twincyties

PizzaTheHutt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2014
Fully confident ISU will be locked stocked with 2 smoking barrels when this tournament starts. It just feels different this time.

There is an energy around this team right now and you can feel they’re on a mission… they’re going to be ready. The focus is second nature to them now because of what T.J. has instilled in them since summer.

All this unnecessary worry by local media and fans is just old trauma. This team has given us every reason to believe in them, so do it.
We will see how it goes but with how they’re looking, they give me moving through the bracket winning by double digit vibes. I don’t think there’s going to be a post conference championship hangover it’s go time.

Last edited:

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Possibly the highly publicized Hilton South phenomenon bit us in the rear. The 3 tournament wins maybe were discounted because ISU had an unfair homecourt advantage(alluded to by Sampson). Total BS, but it might be another explanation besides the lame preconference weighting excuse. At any rate, if ISU gets past E8 somehow, it is all downhill from there. If I were TJ, I would tell them to avoid TV or internet usage and interviews until they are done. They don't need the added pressure messing with their concentration.
There is nothing in the selection process that factors in team's distance to a neutral site game. If the committee did that (I can't imagine they would) there would be hell to pay.

So we have good to great fan support at a tournament neutral site in a neighboring state and should be punished?

Meanwhile, UNC played their tournament in their own state? And lost. Maybe they should have been penalized for losing a home game to a ****** team like NCState. Is it our fault they can't bother to support their teams like ISU does.

Edit: ACC Tournament was in Washington DC this year. About the same driving distance from Chapel Hill as from Ames to KC. 40 miles further.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: dafarmer

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
There is nothing in the selection process that factors in team's distance to a neutral site game. If the committee did that (I can't imagine they would) there would be hell to pay.

So we have good to great fan support at a tournament neutral site in a neighboring state and should be punished?

Meanwhile, UNC played their tournament in their own state? And lost. Maybe they should have been penalized for losing a home game to a ****** team like NCState. Is it our fault they can't bother to support their teams like ISU does.
Believe the ACC tourney was in Washington DC this year

PizzaTheHutt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2014
I picked ISU to win it all for what it's worth. UConn is the one team I'm not confident against but I want to believe.
I truly think shockingly UConn is going to get upset by Auburn breaking 99.999% of brackets.

Last edited:

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
ISU is definitely a hot hand pick. We performed better than any other team in conference tournaments in the hardest conference and it wasn't an easy path. It is incredibly impressive and much more emulates conditions in the NCAA tournament more than regular season games. It could be an anomaly, but there is a decent chance we are a team that's very ready to succeed in the NCAA tournament.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Baylor ranked ahead of the Cyclones? That's certainly a steaming hot take.
That's just straight up being a douche. ISU was already ahead of Baylor before last week and then absolutely butt trounced (with consent, obviously) Baylor on Friday. Ranking Baylor ahead is just being a douche at this point.

Seeing the bracket initially made me angry and it seemed like ISU felt completely disrespected. While ISU got shafted, I'm over it now and can't wait to see what happens. The selection committee doesn't like us for some stupid reason and doesn't want us to come out of the east. Hopefully this team can play with a chip on their shoulders. UConn fans, on their message boards, are just as angry as us. They feel like they got hosed because ISU is borderline 1 seed. It's good that their fans know we're good and they're nervous. Let's f*** these f***ers up.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron