Ames location to get picture printed and framed?

Cyked15

Jan 27, 2012
Wondering if anyone has recommendations in Ames for someone who can take a digital photo and frame it reasonably. I've got a family photo that I'd like to get framed to give to the people who are in it for Christmas. I realize it is getting late, but I am not good at gift ideas and I like to procrastinate.

Any ideas are welcomed.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
I have picked up reasonable priced frames at Hobby Lobby. I have then gone to Alpha Copies for them to print and place the picture. It wouldn't hurt to call them and ask about it. They did a great job helping me figure out our memorial picture that was a series of three pictures side by side.

Cyked15

Jan 27, 2012
That probably isn't a bad idea, because I am not sure how good the photo will turn out. It was an iPhone photo of a group of family members that don't get together often, much less take pictures so I am hopeful that it doesn't distort much when we go to blow it up. Probably won't go much larger than 8x10 or 11x14

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
You can call and talk to them about it. I think they have a way to preview it, but I don't remember the details.