Alec Baldwin indicted

• We Will Collective Donor Drive - Final 12 Hours, Help Needed!

We're in the last 12 hours of a monumental push to get the last few donors to meet the May goal. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I can't wait for the next war move where the soldiers don't point the guns at each other. That will be great.

They can do what they had to in Alien 2 and go to flame units only when they realized the entire structure was one big thermo reactor. Or maybe harsh language.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
I don’t know, maybe it’s just me. But if you a take a gun, regardless of whether you think it’s loaded or not, point it directly at someone, pull the trigger and kill them, you would think there would be some consequences for that. Like jail.

Mar 21, 2021
I'm surprised there'd ever be a real gun on a set. Even if it is to be fired, I'd think an imitation could be made that produces the sound, but has no capacity to ever fire a round.

I was an extra in a movie 25+ years ago, played a DC cop, full uniform, including a fake Glock. Normally, I get no respect - but dressed up as an armed cop, I did!

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
I'm surprised there'd ever be a real gun on a set. Even if it is to be fired, I'd think an imitation could be made that produces the sound, but has no capacity to ever fire a round.

I was an extra in a movie 25+ years ago, played a DC cop, full uniform, including a fake Glock. Normally, I get no respect - but dressed up as an armed cop, I did!
They don't even need the sound. That is filled in later. It's just for looks which can be done with a fake gun.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
If you were a true OG you got the gray zapper, almost indistinguishable from a real loaded gun. If your parents were a year late you got the obvious fake orange one, clearly just a toy. Firearms experts know this stuff.
x1080

Letterkenny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 26, 2023
I'm more surprised that they had a gun capable of firing. I always figured guns used as props would either be fake, or modified in some way that makes them incapable of actually firing a round.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
I don’t know, maybe it’s just me. But if you a take a gun, regardless of whether you think it’s loaded or not, point it directly at someone, pull the trigger and kill them, you would think there would be some consequences for that. Like jail.
How much time did Cheney get for shooting that Texas attorney?

• Winner
Reactions: CyDude16 and HFCS

83cy

May 14, 2006
He may be in trouble, you never point a real gun at a person, you always assume it's loaded. Whoever was in charge of props is in trouble also.

GBlade

Mar 9, 2014
Seems like there's precedence on set accidents. Was Michael Massee convicted in the death of Brandon Lee on the set of The Crow? That death changed how firearms are used in movies and I suspect this death will completely remove guns, blanks, and dummies from being used as props and replaced with CGI.

For the grand jury to indict, there must be a standard of probable cause. I'm morbidly curious how this case is different than the above.

Last edited:
Reactions: CyDude16

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007

The guy is a first rate, A1 prime, five alarm D-bag.

Do I think he meant to kill this person...........no. But being just the "actor" isn't an automatic get of jail free card for being a moron.

My guess is nothing will come of this and they are setting up a monster civil suit.

• Winner
Reactions: Lineup

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Can't see "indicted" and not think of this:

Coincidentally, Baldwin plays the rich ******* boss in this one.