A new Kagavi story: Jack Trice and the Ku Klux Klan

Kagavi

Mar 4, 2013
California
www.kagavi.com
Hey everyone.

Can't remember the last time I was on here. Also can't believe it has been nearly 17 months since I posted a new Jack Trice story. I think you won't want to miss this one. As always, thanks for the support. All I ask is you share it with others. I'm also glad to answer any questions.

Burning crosses in Ames?

Yes.

Jack Trice and the Ku Klux Klan

Cyismymonkey

Jan 1, 2013
Hey everyone.

Can't remember the last time I was on here. Also can't believe it has been nearly 17 months since I posted a new Jack Trice story. I think you won't want to miss this one. As always, thanks for the support. All I ask is you share it with others. I'm also glad to answer any questions.

Burning crosses in Ames?

Yes.

Thanks for sharing, great read exceptionally well done. Doesn’t seem like much has changed a hundred and some odd years after the fact.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
The real outrage should be directed at Josh himself. How dare @Kagavi make us wait for 17 months for a new Jack Trice story! :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MJ29

CloneAlta

Sep 9, 2010
Kansas City, MO
www.floorplanonline.com
Hey everyone.

Burning crosses in Ames?

Yes.

It seems to me as though it is long past due that ISU recognize Josh Kagavi for all the amazing research he has done about the Jack Trice story.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
One of the teachers at a high school in southern Iowa brought in her husband’s Klan hood and robes to show her classes in the 1950’s. Teaching racism apparently no problem then.

Much of the Klan activity in southern Iowa in the 1920’s was aimed at Catholics, Jews, and areas with a lot of black coal miners.

Reactions: Rural

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I love history. So it was a nice read.

But does it surprise anyone that the KKK existed in Ames in the 1920's?

Political, Cultural and Economic extremist groups like the KKK, Fascists, Communists, Nazi's have existed throughout US history AND STILL EXIST TODAY. To think elsewise would be naive.

We can only hope the existence of right or left wing extremist groups only comprise a small, small minority of our population.

Reactions: agcy68 and Wally86

KezClone

Jun 30, 2006
Roland, IA
I mean, I think a lot like to believe that it wasnt an issue here and more of a southern thing.
It most certainly wasn't.

They had cross burnings on river bluffs in southern Minnesota.

Check this photo of said garbage:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron