2024 Transfer Portal Tracker (Wrestling)

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Which is why I said I'd like to see how he's still eligible. Because based on how the rules are written, he isn't.
Everything I’ve learned in the past 3 years is that the ncaa isn’t in the business of getting sued and now bends over backwards to grant any extra year to athletes

• Winner
Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

cywr89

May 14, 2009
This is why I don’t believe half the stuff I read about these big bags. Iowa offered him $500k to go into the portal and couldn’t even get him on a visit? That’s a half a million dollars. We aren’t talking $20k here. Supposedly $500k and he won’t even spend a day there checking it out? Hmmm
Iowa didn’t pay him. They made it clear what the offer would be if he entered the portal and committed to them. Was it $500k maybe? Was $500k for 1 year or multiple years (stays as part of Hawkeye WC). Not sure if we will ever know.

Last edited:

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020
This is why I don’t believe half the stuff I read about these big bags. Iowa offered him $500k to go into the portal and couldn’t even get him on a visit? That’s a half a million dollars. We aren’t talking $20k here. Supposedly $500k and he won’t even spend a day there checking it out? Hmmm
It was more than that

CyCity

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2014
West Des Moines
$600k actually and it takes a lot of money to wrestle for those nut jobs.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Iowa didn’t pay him. They made it clear what the offer would be if he entered the portal and committed to them. Was it $500k maybe? Was $500k for 1 year or multiple years (stays as part of Hawkeye WC). Not sure if we will ever know.
Maybe they learned after Proctor to not pay the person first.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I think it gives some insight as to how the reputation is viewed of the Autism Twins in the wrestling world.

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
Everything I’ve learned in the past 3 years is that the ncaa isn’t in the business of getting sued and now bends over backwards to grant any extra year to athletes
Don't want to look for it now, but I saw another tweet that said some NFL teams have expressed interest and he's also been training MMA. So I wouldn't assume him saying returning to 'elite competition' automatically means a return to collegiate wrestling.

Reactions: wxman1

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
I see that Christian Castillo is listed at 125 on the roster on wrestlestat. He's been relatively inactive recently... been working on graduating early and getting to Ames this year? If so, he might just be the guy.

Diehardisu6988

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 28, 2019
I see that Christian Castillo is listed at 125 on the roster on wrestlestat. He's been relatively inactive recently... been working on graduating early and getting to Ames this year? If so, he might just be the guy.
He will be the guy 2025-2026 more than likely

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
I think it gives some insight as to how the reputation is viewed of the Autism Twins in the wrestling world.
What I can’t wrap my head around is why they would be willing to throw around half million dollars every chance they get at guys with 1 year left but there aren’t rumors of throwing that money at coaches that matter. Do they have the money to bring in JB as the next coach? Surely. Or even to run the club. That would change the trajectory of that program more than bringing in a 1-year stop gap. Other big names like Ringer, Cox, Dake, Chenzo. These guys have been around Michigan or PSU and would make a bigger impact

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
What I can’t wrap my head around is why they would be willing to throw around half million dollars every chance they get at guys with 1 year left but there aren’t rumors of throwing that money at coaches that matter. Do they have the money to bring in JB as the next coach? Surely. Or even to run the club. That would change the trajectory of that program more than bringing in a 1-year stop gap. Other big names like Ringer, Cox, Dake, Chenzo. These guys have been around Michigan or PSU and would make a bigger impact
Totally agree that amount makes little sense. Stupidity and money are a bad mix.

Help Support Us

Become a patron